Jai Gurudev

Stuck on connecting on my own server &

14 posts in this topic

i get stuck on connecting on my own server hosted at hosthavoc, the map also does not appear in a3 launcher. i checked the server logs and all i keep getting is the error 
 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.aia_chernarus_config, aia_buildings_config, aia_misc_e_config, aia_misc_config, aia_desert2_config, aia_misc3_config, aia_data_baf_config
9:47:36 Missing addons detected:
9:47:36 aia_chernarus_config
9:47:36 aia_buildings_config
9:47:36 aia_misc_e_config
9:47:36 aia_misc_config
9:47:36 aia_desert2_config
9:47:36 aia_misc3_config
9:47:36 aia_data_baf_config

Forgot to mention i made sure the command line is selected with the right mods and server mods. i also added Exile.Chernarus.pbo in the mpmissions folder and have it selected. am i missing something?
Any ideas guys?

Edited by Jai Gurudev

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First off, you're using All in Arma? Development on that stopped over 1 1/2 years ago. You should use CUP Terrains Core and CUP Terrains maps.

Secondly, you have to modify the addons section of the mission.sqm to have everything listed under " You cannot play/edit this mission".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

I agree with Zed.  I hated to, but I finally had to 'give up' AIA.

Almost nothing uses it anymore which means most of your files are SEVERELY OUTDATED!

Do not be surprised if some of the graphics look 'funky' or roads (in my case) are missing, sky/clouds looking 'weird'.  And with the new version of ARMA, no telling what 'weird' stuff will happen including AI acting 'strange'.

Also, since you are making a server, 99.9% of people will not be able to join.  No one uses AIA anymore, it has been replaced by CUP.

 

I would recommend you go ahead and get ALL of the CUP stuff, that way, you can use it as well join other servers which require it.

To my knowledge, every A2 map REQUIRES CUP now, which includes the Cherno  map too, which is included in the CUP package.

The download for all, and from memory, will be about 15g.

 

Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Z80CPU said:

I agree with Zed.  I hated to, but I finally had to 'give up' AIA.

Almost nothing uses it anymore which means most of your files are SEVERELY OUTDATED!

Do not be surprised if some of the graphics look 'funky' or roads (in my case) are missing, sky/clouds looking 'weird'.  And with the new version of ARMA, no telling what 'weird' stuff will happen including AI acting 'strange'.

Also, since you are making a server, 99.9% of people will not be able to join.  No one uses AIA anymore, it has been replaced by CUP.

 

I would recommend you go ahead and get ALL of the CUP stuff, that way, you can use it as well join other servers which require it.

To my knowledge, every A2 map REQUIRES CUP now, which includes the Cherno  map too, which is included in the CUP package.

The download for all, and from memory, will be about 15g.

 

Good luck!

What i don't understand is that i have CUP installed. and i was getting that error. i just now followed the instructions on the hosters advice and reinstalled everything from the ground up. i don't have whatever ALL is even installed unless it is installed b y default from the hosting company. anyway ive followed their advice and just done a basic arma 3 exile server with no mods just to see if it will work and im now getting the error "you cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.exile_client" 
Im baffled at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Jai,

 

CUP has several 'parts':  Maps, terrians, vehicles, weapons and maybe one other.  Stupid question and not meant to offend, did you have the RIGHT ONE installed AND loaded?  The server logs will show if is was loaded or not.

Go to CUP's website and you will see all 'sections' that are listed above and maybe one or two I missed.

 

The 'AIA error' is from the map, which means you do/did not have the CUP Maps/terrains loaded in.

 

The new error you are getting, well, look at it:  deleted.exile_client   It is telling you exactly what is wrong!

Either you did not load exile or you did delete it (on the player's side).  For things such as epoch or exile to work, there is a 'server side' and a 'client side'.  BOTH must be present in order to work.  BOTH must be the same version (99.9% of the time, for epoch/exile they must be the exact version).

So ensure you loaded exile.  Check you startup and IF YOU ARE SURE, start the SP, open editor and look for exile objects to put down.  See any?  If so, then exit editor and use MP menu to connect to your server.  This the best method because you can SEE the exile objects.  A tad bit more to go thru, but the 'surest' method, at least in my opinion.

 

If the server is giving this error, this means the SERVER is missing the client.  As above, the server ALSO needs the client installed and load for epoch and exile.

 

On Server:

Exile Server Files

Exile Client Files

 

On Player's PC:

Exile Client Files

 

 

If you have never done this stuff before, it can be 'overwhelming' at first.  There are several 'How To' guides on the site as well as digging thru Google.

There is also someone who basically created a 'zip file' which you can unzip and most things are setup for you automatically.  I looked at it as I was curious and it does make things a lot simpler.

It also helps to install a server on your local PC.  This way you can test and debug BEFORE you open the 'real' server.  This can save you time AND money!  ;)

 

ENSURE whatever you put on the server is UP-TO-DATE!  What you had is OLD....REAL OLD and if the host gave you this...hmmm...I would be thinking about going elsewhere...if you did it...oh well..you learned a lesson!  :)

 

By starting over, you are doing the right thing though!  Read/skim over some of those 'How To' guides, install the LATEST version of everything, load in what you NEED to load, and you should be good to go!

 

Add things in ONE AT A TIME!  Test, works, then add a SINGLE SECOND ITEM.  Do NOT add multiple 'things' at once.  If it blows-up on ya, which one caused it?  ;)

 

 

:)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Z80CPU said:

Hello Jai,

 

CUP has several 'parts':  Maps, terrians, vehicles, weapons and maybe one other.  Stupid question and not meant to offend, did you have the RIGHT ONE installed AND loaded?  The server logs will show if is was loaded or not.

Go to CUP's website and you will see all 'sections' that are listed above and maybe one or two I missed.

 

The 'AIA error' is from the map, which means you do/did not have the CUP Maps/terrains loaded in.

 

The new error you are getting, well, look at it:  deleted.exile_client   It is telling you exactly what is wrong!

Either you did not load exile or you did delete it (on the player's side).  For things such as epoch or exile to work, there is a 'server side' and a 'client side'.  BOTH must be present in order to work.  BOTH must be the same version (99.9% of the time, for epoch/exile they must be the exact version).

So ensure you loaded exile.  Check you startup and IF YOU ARE SURE, start the SP, open editor and look for exile objects to put down.  See any?  If so, then exit editor and use MP menu to connect to your server.  This the best method because you can SEE the exile objects.  A tad bit more to go thru, but the 'surest' method, at least in my opinion.

 

If the server is giving this error, this means the SERVER is missing the client.  As above, the server ALSO needs the client installed and load for epoch and exile.

 

On Server:

Exile Server Files

Exile Client Files

 

On Player's PC:

Exile Client Files

 

 

If you have never done this stuff before, it can be 'overwhelming' at first.  There are several 'How To' guides on the site as well as digging thru Google.

There is also someone who basically created a 'zip file' which you can unzip and most things are setup for you automatically.  I looked at it as I was curious and it does make things a lot simpler.

It also helps to install a server on your local PC.  This way you can test and debug BEFORE you open the 'real' server.  This can save you time AND money!  ;)

 

ENSURE whatever you put on the server is UP-TO-DATE!  What you had is OLD....REAL OLD and if the host gave you this...hmmm...I would be thinking about going elsewhere...if you did it...oh well..you learned a lesson!  :)

 

By starting over, you are doing the right thing though!  Read/skim over some of those 'How To' guides, install the LATEST version of everything, load in what you NEED to load, and you should be good to go!

 

Add things in ONE AT A TIME!  Test, works, then add a SINGLE SECOND ITEM.  Do NOT add multiple 'things' at once.  If it blows-up on ya, which one caused it?  ;)

 

 

:)

 

 

I got everything working in terms of exile thanks to your help! i will install all the CUP mods but im having one problem. i wanted to use the chernarus map but once i changed the default template to Exile.Chernarus.pbo it still stays the Altis Map. even after a restart. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

make sure you run these in the commandline or startup

@Exile;@CUP_Terrains_Maps;@CUP_Terrains_Core

and other mods you use

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, hogansheroes said:

make sure you run these in the commandline or startup

@Exile;@CUP_Terrains_Maps;@CUP_Terrains_Core

and other mods you use

I have them selected. and it still doesn't load the Exile.Chernarus.pbo in the missions folder. idk why

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Jai Gurudev said:

I have them selected. and it still doesn't load the Exile.Chernarus.pbo in the missions folder. idk why

whats your rpt error report

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, hogansheroes said:

whats your rpt error report

im literally getting the same error. and i have uninstalled all mods. 
 

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.aia_chernarus_config, aia_buildings_config, aia_misc_e_config, aia_misc_config, aia_desert2_config, aia_misc3_config, aia_data_baf_config
 3:20:29 Missing addons detected:
 3:20:29   aia_chernarus_config
 3:20:29   aia_buildings_config
 3:20:29   aia_misc_e_config
 3:20:29   aia_misc_config
 3:20:29   aia_desert2_config
 3:20:29   aia_misc3_config
 3:20:29   aia_data_baf_config

I have no idea what is going on. earlier poster said i was using ALL but i don't believe that to be the case. and im still getting this error.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.