zombie-gamer

Help with inifiSTAR install...

21 posts in this topic

I'm hoping somebody can help with this.

I'm using Gaming Deluxe server hosting to host a private Exile server so decided to purchase infiSTAR admin tools after hearing great reviews. I'm having great difficulty installing this onto the server.

I have followed the read me file provided several times and still no luck. The infiSTAR messages do not even pop up at all to give any errors when the server starts.

What I have done;

- Copied the provided dll files into the root folder

- Added my sever login passwords and UID on the "EXILE_AHAT_COFIG" in the @infiSTAR_Exile folder

- Packed the a3_infiSTAR_Exile folder into a PBO and copied the @infiSTAR_Exile folder onto the server root

- Unpacked the Exile Tanoa PBO in the mpmissions folder

- Copied the 3 files provided into the folder and added the lines of code required in the description (remove the code required also)

- Repacked the folder into PBO and replaced on the server

- Copied and replaced all battleye files provided

- Added the @iniSTAR_Exile server MOD within the command line editor of Gaming Deluxe

In theory should this work? Or is there something I'm missing?

Thanks in advance.

Did you add infiSTAR to

-serverMod=

parameter so it starts? if that's not possible on the gaming deluxe interface, you can simply move the a3_infiSTAR_Exile.pbo into here

"Arma3server\@ExileServer\addons\a3_infiSTAR_Exile.pbo"

so you have the 2 server side Exile dlls and the infiSTAR dll in that folder

"Arma3server\@ExileServer\addons\a3_infiSTAR_Exile.pbo"
"Arma3server\@ExileServer\addons\exile_server.pbo"
"Arma3server\@ExileServer\addons\exile_server_config"

---

you copied the files in your MPMission but did you also open the description.ext of the mpmission and included the .hpp files like It's said in the readme?
removed the "old" cfgRemoteExec class (the one that's in the description.ext by default?) ?

Advertisement

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes I added the two lines of code on the description file and removed the cfgremote coding as stated in the read me.

I have just tried placing the a3_infiSTAR_Exile PBO file into the @ExileServer addons folder instead but this didn't work either.

I am unsure as where to go from here. I have tried this so many times now with no results!

Is there anything else I can provide such as screens of the code?

I have contacted Gaming Deluxe regarding this and they have stated that they use command line editor to set the parameters, so originally installing infiSTAR, I placed @infiSTAR_Exile into the Server Mod section.

It just seems strange because nothing even appears when the server starts regarding infiSTAR, so it doesn't even seem to be picking anything up. I could understand If it said something like "infiSTAR failed to load...." but nothing.

I've installed this recently after taking a 7 month break and made some mistakes that are fairly common, i assume.. Here's a few things to try to help you visualize what you want to see..

If you use -servermod, then you don't need it in the @exileserver/addons too.. Its really one or the other that you need.  

In the @exileserver/addons you want just the last pbo

ndjFTvm.png

that is made up of these contents:

U5Yc3bi.png

meaning no other folder structure inside.

Mission should have the 3 files (call.fsm, infiSTAR_AdminMenu.hpp, CfgRemoteExec.hpp) in the root of mission.

g6uYknZ.png

Make sure the passwords match those that you outlined in your config cfg and exileserver/addons/exile server config/config cpp

Hope this helps.. 

Thanks for that odizzle.

OK so I have gone over this again. I am now using GTX Gaming servers to host, just in case it is something to do with Gaming Deluxe why it isn't working. I will show how I have tried to install infiSTAR below.

So the first thing I have done is copy across the ARMA_LOAD.dll and ARMA_LOG.dll files into the root.

The next thing I did was to edit the Exile.Tanoa PBO file in mpmissions. So I firstly extracted the folder and added the 3 files; call.fsm, CfgRemoteExec,hpp and infiSTAR_AdminMenu.hpp to the extracted folder.

Exile.Tanoa.jpg

I have then edited the descriptions.EXT file to remove the original coding and add the two hpp files as shown in the read me.

descriptionexe.jpg

So now that is done I have compiled the folder back into a PBO and replaced the original Exite.Tanoa PBO file in the mpmissions folder on the server.

The next thing I did was insert my UID and passwords into the EXILE_AHAT_CONFIG.hpp and save. I then compiled a3_infiSTAR_Exile folder into a PBO file. I then removed the original folder so it was only the PBO file present in that directory. I then copied the @infiSTAR_Exile folder onto the server root.

@Exile.jpg

The last thing I did were to copy the battleye files supplied into the battleye folder replacing any duplicates.

I then set my parameters for -servermod= @infiSTAR_Exile.

param.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is right? Can you see anything that I am doing wrong.

Thanks

Although it's not a direct part of your problem, don't just copy the Battleye filters over.   Especially scripts.txt.  Merge with whatever you already have there or you risk players getting kicked.

3 hours ago, Bob_the_K said:

Although it's not a direct part of your problem, don't just copy the Battleye filters over.   Especially scripts.txt.  Merge with whatever you already have there or you risk players getting kicked.

InfiSTAR filters are a replacement for the default Exile ones.

I'm having the exact same issue.  I believe I've done everything in order however can't get infistar to work.

When I am exiting my server I am not seeing Infistar signature either like I used to see on other servers. Could that mean anything? I've done the mission part correctly however.

Edited by BotCreon

-servermod= @infiSTAR_Exile

You are forgetting the bracket

-servermod= @infiSTAR_Exile;

I have tried it both with and without the ; at the end; neither work.

I have also tried it by putting the a3_infiSTAR_Exile.pbo file into the @ExileServer folder so I wouldn't require a parameter to be set. This also doesn't work

When did you purchase your infiSTAR botcreon? I'm starting to think that there is something wrong with the script files supplied. I've emailed infiSTAR directly for support and he hasn't got back to me which I think for £33, its ridiculous!!

I'm getting to the point where Ill be contacting PayPal / Credit Card supplier for my money back and ensure that others do not purchase infiSTAR!

Advertisement