DirtySanchez

Exile Mods state Mission Files are considered Redistribution and will shut you down based on licensing?

9 posts in this topic

According to Mezo they will consider the mission file of your server a redistribution method and have threatened to stop servers by using this clause.
If this is how controlling this mod and development team is, why is there such support for it?

Because the modding community can mod it, based on CfgCustomCode the Exile dev team has made modifying this mod very easy and yet here they state that the cfgcustomcode is considered redistribution and if it suits their needs they will use this clause to stop whomever they wish based on either Emotions, Feeling or just bad ethics.

So technically speaking according to this ONLY VANILLA SERVERS ARE ALLOWED for hosting?

@Vishpala

Is this in fact Exile development teams stance on the mission file? that would be a very discretioinary basis allowing all server to be in violation while using a feature you made and incorporated on your own accord

Are you for real? How will people hosting this mod get the mission file needed to host it WITHOUT you redistributing it?

Advertisement

Name one server that redstributes Exile mod without our permission.

Bro. Mustang man.

Here's my grasp of it. If you show the common courtesy of asking, the dev team can make exceptions to their licensing. I also think that they kinda aren't very stringent about people creating threads on the Exilemod forums to make overwrites (kinda like a lot of scripts/addons on this very forum does). 

They've opened up for branching off Exile into other things, like Exile Life. But they still want to talk to the person distributing it. The heads up. So while technically you are right in that it's a bit weird. It all boils down to "how" you do it. 

1 hour ago, Flosstradamus said:

Name one server that redstributes Exile mod without our permission.

Try going to steam workshop and searching for exile.

121 hits last I looked.

Edited by Tobias Solem

*facepalm...shakes head, going for a second bowl of popcorn

1 person likes this

yea after alls said and done exile devs are people not some cooperation, people are reasonable :P

October 11th Floss was given two videos about eXpoch

October 15th Vish was notified of its start

@Heavy when the truth hurts and posts start getting deleted can you share some of that yummy popcorn, i hear you make kettle corn with the perfect amount of salt :)

2 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

@Heavy when the truth hurts and posts start getting deleted can you share some of that yummy popcorn, i hear you make kettle corn with the perfect amount of salt :)

Of course maing, all are welcome to enjoy! :P

Edited by Heavy
1 person likes this

Advertisement