Korwiin

ban.txt file in wrong directory?

4 posts in this topic

I recently had a player banned for something legitimate.   While trying to delete the ban.txt file,  I noticed the /arma3/battleye/ban.txt file was empty.   I found the real ban.txt in the /arma3 folder, not where I expected it.     So that triggered some research and I believe the issue is because I am not using the -name -profile or -bepath options when I start Arma3.    I am using the -cfg and -config options.   I suspect that causes the server to default to us an empty profile, and no befilters?    I've looked in the user home dir for the server at the ~/.local/share/Arma 3 folder and found the exile_server_XXXX.log files, but no battleye stuff.     I believe I had been running without BE filters until now.    

So my question is how did the player get banned, and why did the ban.txt file get created in the folder with the arm3server executable?   It was a temp ban for a local createVehicle when the player assembled and used a machine gun/tripod at his base.      I believe Battleye is correctly using the BEserver.cfg located in my /arma3/battleye folder because the password set there works, and infistar can login to BE.    How is it finding the config file in the folder but not putting .log files or ban files in that folder too?

Thanks!

Edited by Korwiin

There are 2 ban files, one used by battleye which holds the battleye GUID and the one infistar writes to which is in the root arma folder. The one in the root arma folder will use the steam id of the person that is banned.

The one infistar writes to will apply to all instances running from that arma install btw. The battleye bans only apply to that particular server instance.

Edited by Kobayashi

Advertisement

The ban.txt used by my tool is also Vanilla Arma stuff. Using Arma functions. No third party stuff like Battleye :)

Advertisement