OutLord

Exile Server - No Zombies

Question

Hi there,

I am new to hosting in Arma 3 but have experience in Arma 2 Dayz and now that there are zombies available and your awesome EXILE mod I am trying to host my own server fro a few friends in Australia.

I have the server running fine and mods installed and all looks ok. I installed a Tanoa mission from another server through my mpmission cache folder to test which had RyansZombies already running but for the life of my I cant get any zombies to spawn.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do you guys have a teamspeak or discord I can join?

19 answers to this question

I'd comment, but last time i did, some people did bad things, and got rewards from doing it.

modules dont work with exile apparently so youll have to find another thing to spawn zombies, itll be somewhere on the forums where people release things

2 people like this

Advertisement

So.. You took someone else's mission file and now it's not working for you? Shame..

1 person likes this

i came for some help to get started. I don't intend to keep someone elses mission only try to get the mods working properly. but I will say that the one thing I like about Arma itself is its designed to be shared. So to have a got at me for grabbing a mission out of mpmission cache to test is imo a bit harsh.

1 hour ago, OutLord said:

i came for some help to get started. I don't intend to keep someone elses mission only try to get the mods working properly. but I will say that the one thing I like about Arma itself is its designed to be shared. So to have a got at me for grabbing a mission out of mpmission cache to test is imo a bit harsh.

No, it's not harsh. What is harsh though is taking someone else's work without their consent, regardless of how you perceive the Arma community to handle such matters as "sharing".

It would have required less effort to use the default Exile.Tanoa mission file (because that's a thing!) and then searched this forum for "zombies". You'd have found both ExileZ and SM_Zombz, either of which will work out the box for you.

EDIT: Duplicate post.

Edited by kuplion

If people couldn't take missions from mpmissions cache, de pbo them, dissect, edit, rename save and play, Arma would not be what it is today. Your allowed to have your view in your forum, fair enough. but this isn't the view of Bohemia and the community at large.  you don't own the missions or the scripts so therefor nothing has been stolen.

3 minutes ago, OutLord said:

If people couldn't take missions from mpmissions cache, de pbo them, dissect, edit, rename save and play, Arma would not be what it is today. Your allowed to have your view in your forum, fair enough. but this isn't the view of Bohemia and the community at large.  you don't own the missions or the scripts so therefor nothing has been stolen.

And with that attitude at only 3 posts in, I doubt you're going to get any help on this forum. I for one will not offer any assistance to you in any form.

There is nothing wrong with poking through other mission files with a mind to learn, the issue comes when you try (and fail, ha!) to use other peoples work without their consent.

As I have received no help yet as it is I expect I will be no worse off if I am banned. As I said in my first post, I had no intention of hosting "someone elses" mission to begin with. Simply get my server to run correctly and get zombies to spawn and learn something. I'm not a programmer I'm just someone trying to best use the tools available to get a job done.

With my limited scripting ability and trying to follow the instructions in these and other forums I found very difficult. Starting with a mission that already works to me at least seemed like a logical choice.

To get your server running correctly you use the default mission for the map you wish to use (oh look, Tanoa has one!!) and then when it's working, no issues with the database/respawning/vehicles, then you search these forums, probably in the Customisation section, maybe in Releases, for the zombie addons and follow the install guides. Hey presto!! You've not stolen someone else's work AND you learnt how to install a mod. We're all winning. Lets drink to that. O.o

Edited by kuplion
1 person likes this

Advertisement