mankindunkind

step by step guides?

11 posts in this topic

I need a step by step on how to add vehicle spawns, advanced vehicle towing, mission spawns, safe zones, garages and storage, and building to a host havoc server. I dont know what a dedicated server is but im paying through host havoc.

Advertisement
1 hour ago, [HG]RaVeN103 said:

Step by step Guide is here

Install Guide

Very helpfull...i know where you aiming at but...nvm.

3 hours ago, mankindunkind said:

I need a step by step on how to add vehicle spawns, advanced vehicle towing, mission spawns, safe zones, garages and storage, and building to a host havoc server. I dont know what a dedicated server is but im paying through host havoc.

It loox like you don't have a clue of anything.

I'm not aware if host havoc offers dediboxes or only hosted boxes, first off all you should think about what you'r lookin for - dedi or hosted?

Most gameprovider offer one-click solutions to install mods, addons, maps and stuff but still, they'r all just vanilla. You have to configure each mod yourself, unless you'r lookin for standardshit.

If you wanna setup a dedicatedmachine, without any knowledge, jesus - you probably (unless you'r macgyver) have to spent several hours a day, over weeks to fully understand whatta ya doin - setting up an arma modded server is not like setting up a cs-go server.

Even if you rent a hosted server, with one-click solutions, you have to spend several hours on that - arma and exile or any other mods are not out of the box, it's not click - click - done - even with guides - it won't work, you have to know a variety, you'll grow into it but it takes time...lotta time, if you wanna do it right and nice.

If you thinking about hosting your own server, you should keep in mind you probablly spend more time setting up/maintaine the server then playing on it...not talkin about the support you might have to offer (even if you run a privat server).

Since we don't know what are you aiming for, it's pretty sensless to offer you some links. Tell us and you might get some.

Basically there is a more or less step-by-step guide for everything you askin, the most addons/scripts come a long with a readme/installation instructions - but hell yeh, for the most of that yer have to know a bit whatta ya doin. Be prepared to spend hours of trial and error, if you'r not into that and prefer playin, look out for a decent server to play on.

Do you wanna create a community, do you aim for 30+ users? Do you wanna create a private machine for you and your friends? What's your target? How much you wanna pay each month? How many hours are you willing to spend each week on that server? Do you already rented a server?

Let us know

Edited by WURSTKETTE

1 hour ago, WURSTKETTE said:

Very helpfull...i know where you aiming at but...nvm.

It loox like you don't have a clue of anything.

I'm not aware if host havoc offers dediboxes or only hosted boxes, first off all you should think about what you'r lookin for - dedi or hosted?

Most gameprovider offer one-click solutions to install mods, addons, maps and stuff but still, they'r all just vanilla. You have to configure each mod yourself, unless you'r lookin for standardshit.

If you wanna setup a dedicatedmachine, without any knowledge, jesus - you probably (unless you'r macgyver) have to spent several hours a day, over weeks to fully understand whatta ya doin - setting up an arma modded server is not like setting up a cs-go server.

Even if you rent a hosted server, with one-click solutions, you have to spend several hours on that - arma and exile or any other mods are not out of the box, it's not click - click - done - even with guides - it won't work, you have to know a variety, you'll grow into it but it takes time...lotta time, if you wanna do it right and nice.

If you thinking about hosting your own server, you should keep in mind you probablly spend more time setting up/maintaine the server then playing on it...not talkin about the support you might have to offer (even if you run a privat server).

Since we don't know what are you aiming for, it's pretty sensless to offer you some links. Tell us and you might get some.

Basically there is a more or less step-by-step guide for everything you askin, the most addons/scripts come a long with a readme/installation instructions - but hell yeh, for the most of that yer have to know a bit whatta ya doin. Be prepared to spend hours of trial and error, if you'r not into that and prefer playin, look out for a decent server to play on.

Do you wanna create a community, do you aim for 30+ users? Do you wanna create a private machine for you and your friends? What's your target? How much you wanna pay each month? How many hours are you willing to spend each week on that server? Do you already rented a server?

Let us know

well I rented a server, and an ark server, so ive got 2 not cheap servers from host havoc right now, yes they have one click solutions but like you said yes i have vanilla exile with nothing but back packs spawning and yes that is my problem lol where do i go from here how do I learn

3 minutes ago, mankindunkind said:

well I rented a server, and an ark server, so ive got 2 not cheap servers from host havoc right now, yes they have one click solutions but like you said yes i have vanilla exile with nothing but back packs spawning and yes that is my problem lol where do i go from here how do I learn

How much time are you willing to spend, pal? This is a hard way.

And yes, your server is spawning more then backpacks - what map are you running?

1 hour ago, WURSTKETTE said:

How much time are you willing to spend, pal? This is a hard way.

And yes, your server is spawning more then backpacks - what map are you running?

im running altis, and im willing to spend time and learn the code here. I just dont know where to start its all gibberish to me so far and every time I add a mod like I tried to add advanced towing, it crashed my server. I'd be willing to invite you to my discord and send you screen shots of things if you think you can help, i downloaded c++ notepad or whatever and the pbo packer/unpacker as well and filezilla ftp client to add stuff but nothing is going right this is my discord https://discord.gg/dWrMmFB

Actually...hm, yes and nah - i'm supporting so much servers right now and it's all private - noone learn from this, even the ppl i try to teach (actually it looks like they don't seem to be interessted - i'm done with that) I started so many stuff, helping out and at the end i'm the one setup/maintain the server (my own fault).

Yes, i might help you out, but we might make this offical and create somehting like a guide out of it, so others don't have go thru the same shit?

Edited by WURSTKETTE

That would rock, Ive got OBS so I can video my end I've been ripping out hairs for the past 48 hours trying to figure this.

Advertisement