GolovaRaoul

Viewing Active Server Threads

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

When our server is at full load we have 23 server threads running. I want to look up what are these threads, and take action against them (removing/modifying script, etc...). I did see a guy on the forums who had something which returns active threads in a log file in the arma folder, but I forgot where the post was, and I don't know what tool he was using to do that. Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks for responding ^^
GolovaRaoul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed after adding A3XAI my thread counts went up from 8ish to 20ish, and my average CPU% went up from 20% to 60%.    I also saw on another thread someone mention something about A3XAi vs DMS and thread counts.

So other than seeing  more threads than you have cores, is there a performance problem?   I would like to toss out the idea that unless your riding a >85% Cpu% and lagging because of it, then the extra threads may be helping you get more work out of your available processing power. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
On 8-11-2016 at 9:44 PM, Korwiin said:

I noticed after adding A3XAI my thread counts went up from 8ish to 20ish, and my average CPU% went up from 20% to 60%.    I also saw on another thread someone mention something about A3XAi vs DMS and thread counts.

So other than seeing  more threads than you have cores, is there a performance problem?   I would like to toss out the idea that unless your riding a >85% Cpu% and lagging because of it, then the extra threads may be helping you get more work out of your available processing power. 

Never tested A3XAI myself, but I heard it eats performance.

And yes, we're riding at 85% CPU. But Arma does not seem to utilize the other 15%. I don't think it's even possible to do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone knows how to check what threads are what?

Just wondering cause I was able to cut the threads serverside and want to know what are the threads that are clientside..

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Theres this http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21436

that will help see whats using the most cycles (my bet is AI)..

For dumbing threads don't know if Im allowed to post the link, so...

a google search for 'script thread objects' should bring you to what I think you mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.