Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BotCreon

Yet another kick problem

5 posts in this topic

05.11.2016 17:51:35: name (ip) GUID- #10 "["\x\cba\addons\common\fnc_createMarker.sqf",".sqf",0,false,false,false,"CBA","Entities","createMarker"]"

I've been doing OK with filters but this one got me confused.

Also, do I need to restart my server every time I edit the filters? Getting a new error every time and restarting the server just to see another error is taking too long.

Thanks for help!

Edited by BotCreon

!="["\x\cba\addons\common\fnc_createMarker.sqf",".sqf",0,false,false,false,"CBA","Entities","createMarker"]"

sigh it was that simple. I was missing the " around

Also, do I need to restart my server every time I edit the filters? Getting a new error every time and restarting the server just to see another error is taking too long.

My question is still valid though.

Advertisement

When you anticipate a ton of kicks, it's best to set your filters to "1" instead of "7". That way they will get logged but you won't get kicked. Then you can go back and fix a bunch of filters at once before switching them back to "7". Also, most rcon programs have an option to reload BE filters while the server is running, so use one of them if you are editing them "on the fly" so you don't have to restart the server.

Did you try putting this?

!="["\x\cba\addons\common\fnc_createMarker.sqf",".sqf",0,false,false,false,"CBA","Entities","createMarker"]"

1 person likes this

Thank you for the 1 suggestion. I still have no clue what im doing. I've been restarting the process one by one all day.

When it gets logged like this, I have no problem;

#22 "iable ["CUP_WaterVehicles_shipParts",_parts,true];

_ship hideObject true;
_ship hideObjectGlobal true;

{
_x enableSimulation"

but when it's like this;

#15 "_event select 1) call CBA_fnc_localEvent;
};
};
} forEach allVariables cba_events_eventNamespaceJIP;

["cba_events_eventJIP", C"

the " throw me off. I get confused on where it needs to be divided or whatever needs to be done.

Also just realized this doesn't work either

Edited by BotCreon

Are you sure you're putting that in the right line? Remember, line 1 is 0, line 2 is 1, etc and commented out lines are not counted, so if you have a file that looks like this:

//This is commented out
7 !"abc"
7 !"def"
7 !"hij"
7 !"Some_other_crap"

That means "abc" is line 0, "def" is line 1, "hij" is line 2 and "Some_other_crap" is line 3. So, if the kick was for #2 "blah blah", you'd change this line:

7 !"hij" !"blah blah"

I really hope I didn't just waste my time typing all that when you already know it! :)

If you have that on the right line, try some variances with ! instead of !=. For example:

!"fnc_createMarker.sqf"

Just remember that if you use ! then you can put only part of the kick reason. If you use != then you have to put the exact kick reason. In many cases, just using ! is enough to solve the problem and doesn't cause any issues.

Advertisement