Super Jerome

Player joining taking forever

Question

My server runs fine, however, when running for an hour or longer it will take players a long time to join.  Once I restart the server joining is ok.  I am running chernarus map.  Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

8 answers to this question

Is your server dedicated? if so i would check with your provider to see how much memory is allocated to it (if you dont already know) if you host your server locally there are parameters that can change the amount of memory allocated, i forget what they are but a simple google search should wield the results, try increasing the amount (without going over about 3/4 of the total memory your computer has).

I host through Havoc...I will check on the memory allocated and maybe ask for an increase.

Advertisement
40 minutes ago, Super Jerome said:

I host through Havoc...I will check on the memory allocated and maybe ask for an increase.

I hope it solves your problem.

17 hours ago, Super Jerome said:

im through havoc as well and have the same problem.  currently looking for a new host.

Lamp.

25 minutes ago, Lamplighter said:

im through havoc as well and have the same problem.  currently looking for a new host.

Lamp.

You should try Quality Game Servers. I've been through lots of hosts in the last 2 1/2 years and they are the best by far.

more than twice the price though.  i am currently paying $18/mn USD.  for 40 slots.

6 hours ago, Lamplighter said:

more than twice the price though.  i am currently paying $18/mn USD.  for 40 slots.

Something I found out long ago was that when it comes to server hosts, you generally get what you pay for. If you pay $18 for 40 slots, you're going to get substandard support and overloaded servers.

Go QGS, we run with them as well. As far as I can recall, the price is higher but not double.
They are currently upgrading their hardware for even better performance.

Advertisement