Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BetterDeadThanZed

CUP vehicles vs Exile vehicles

10 posts in this topic

I am considering adding CUP vehicles to my server, but the problem I have is that some of the CUP vehicles are duplicates of the Exile/Arma 3 vehicles. For example, Exile has Exile_Car_Ural_Open_Blue and CUP vehicles has CUP_C_Ural_Civ_01. Both are the same vehicle, however I think they have different armor and/or capacity.

I downloaded the Easy Trader Setup (http://www.exilemod.com/topic/8586-updated-easy-trader-set-up/) and I compared the prices between the Exile version and the CUP version of the Ural. The Exile version is 25000 whereas the CUP version is 12500. 

So, I guess what I'm looking for is opinions when it comes to CUP having the same vehicle as Exile. Do I use the CUP version or the Exile version? Does anyone have a trader config with the CUP versions replacing the Exile versions, with balanced prices?

i use the nato inwhich has some of the exile vehicles in it and all i done is cancelled them ones out as the nato have more storage, soi ill guess it would be done with the cup also

Advertisement
On 7-11-2016 at 4:23 AM, BetterDeadThanZed said:

I am considering adding CUP vehicles to my server, but the problem I have is that some of the CUP vehicles are duplicates of the Exile/Arma 3 vehicles. For example, Exile has Exile_Car_Ural_Open_Blue and CUP vehicles has CUP_C_Ural_Civ_01. Both are the same vehicle, however I think they have different armor and/or capacity.

I downloaded the Easy Trader Setup (http://www.exilemod.com/topic/8586-updated-easy-trader-set-up/) and I compared the prices between the Exile version and the CUP version of the Ural. The Exile version is 25000 whereas the CUP version is 12500. 

So, I guess what I'm looking for is opinions when it comes to CUP having the same vehicle as Exile. Do I use the CUP version or the Exile version? Does anyone have a trader config with the CUP versions replacing the Exile versions, with balanced prices?

For what ive seen your probably better off using the Exile version as much as possible.
First of all, alot of No Hitpoint found RPT crap with the CUP models. Might not be a problem for you but when you use scripts/mods for advanced repairing/towing or rearming it might couse some issues.
Also some of the vehicles (i think the UAZ for instance) have 10k storage capacity which is about 6 times more then the avarage for exile.
This unbalances the server really quick as people can do 70k lootruns instead of 15k.
I still need to work on setting up my traders but if i remember ill drop my vehicle list here.

On 11/6/2016 at 10:23 PM, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Do you have an updated Easy Trader list yet, updated to the latest CUP 1.8.1?

32 minutes ago, 5niper said:

Do you have an updated Easy Trader list yet, updated to the latest CUP 1.8.1?

I doubt they added that many new things. Just use Infistar to check or do a Google search for the list of CUP items. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

No, they didn't add that many. But they removed some. And seeing how I haven't redone my Easy Trader list for CUP since July, I figure it's time. :D

Was just wondering if anyone had one they did for the CUP mods, for Easy Trader, that's more current than the one I have from way back in July.

How would you use infiSTAR to check? you mean just go to spawn vehicles, and type in CUP? Wouldn't infiSTAR just read what's in the Easy Trader CUPV, or CUPW, list?

Edited by 5niper

1 hour ago, 5niper said:

No, they didn't add that many. But they removed some. And seeing how I haven't redone my Easy Trader list for CUP since July, I figure it's time. :D

Was just wondering if anyone had one they did for the CUP mods, for Easy Trader, that's more current than the one I have from way back in July.

How would you use infiSTAR to check? you mean just go to spawn vehicles, and type in CUP? Wouldn't infiSTAR just read what's in the Easy Trader CUPV, or CUPW, list?

(Correct me if I'm wrong) infistar reads what is running on the server. So you could do exactly as you said go to spawn and type cup to get the unit names. I would suggest not using CUP and your problem is solved! =)

But in all seriousness, I could have sworn I saw an updated CUP list on this forum somewhere just a few days ago.

1 person likes this

Yeah. That would be nice if you come across an updated list somewhere on here, I'd appreciate the notification.
About infiSTAR reading what running on the server, I thought so. Had read a post about someone not being able
to spawn CUP vehics with infiSTAR; but probably nothing to do with update. More likely they have CUP installed wrong.
Thanks!

I don't understand why people can not make their own list, it is easy if you have infistar.

1 hour ago, Renegade2k6 said:

I don't understand why people can not make their own list, it is easy if you have infistar.

Because that takes time and effort and isn't done for you. 

1 person likes this

Advertisement