Captainjack

script Vehicle unlock and remove ammo - Updated 0.9.32

41 posts in this topic

Vehicle unlock and remove ammo

Download here: https://github.com/rscaptainjack/EXTRAS/tree/master/unlock_ammo
Updated for server version - v0.9.32B

These files will auto unlock any vehicle in a trader marker on server restart and remove ammo from any purchased vehicles or player owned vehicles if it has mounted guns.

Simple to install
1. Download files and un-zip/n-rar Unlock_ammo.rar
2. unpack exile_server.pbo
2. Replace overwrite files in exile_server\code (yes can be done via mpmission but why waste mission space)
3. repack exile_server.pbo
4. Load server and your done.. Add note to server loading that vehicles unlock in traders.

If want vehicles to unlock in default exile trader zones use file in "Trader Unlock file" folder
Credits to another member of forum for unlock script I forgot who is was :\ all I did was test and pack it

Rearm script can be seen at: http://www.exilemod.com/topic/970-vehicle-rearm/ 

Edited by Captainjack
update
3 people like this

Just been searching - and trying to write a script to do this -  you my friend have earned a cookie!!

*cookie*

Question does this take it from bought vehicles when purchased?  and after restarts to previously purchased ones? 

Edited by Digital Purge
PS I Searched this !

Advertisement

Question does this take it from bought vehicles when purchased?  and after restarts to previously purchased ones? 

Removes it fully on purchase and on restart for owned vehicles it should also remove tank ammo but I not tested that I know it removed the ammo from the attack helicopter on test server.

It ignores admins spawns

Edited by Captainjack

First off; Good work! however... ONE flaw, Doesn't that take the point of buying an armed off-road? since there is no way to add ammo to the vehicle again?

Removes it fully on purchase and on restart for owned vehicles it should also remove tank ammo but I not tested that I know it removed the ammo from the attack helicopter on test server.

It ignores admins spawns

1 person likes this

First off; Good work! however... ONE flaw, Doesn't that take the point of buying an armed off-road? since there is no way to add ammo to the vehicle again?

you can add vehicle ammo to a trader via config.cpp to sell a player can then add ammo from scroll wheel if they have it while on mounted gun.

see here for vehicle ammo list https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CfgVehicles_WEST

1 person likes this

Thanks for adding this! Was looking for the old post when the old forum was shut down. Did not know you could add vehicle ammo to trader like that either!

Thanks for adding this! Was looking for the old post when the old forum was shut down. Did not know you could add vehicle ammo to trader like that either!

Your welcome! yeah Exile team make it easy to add in small changes love them for that, The one line one call fixed it all up I hope the team add it as a main setting to vehicles makes players use traders more :)

hey Captainjack is there anyway to use the remove ammo feature without the unlocking in traders?? 

yeah don't use the file   ExileServer_world_spawnVehicles.sqf   and you be fine

Edited by Captainjack
1 person likes this

Advertisement