Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crazy Mike

Sinking Flags into the ground

22 posts in this topic

The flag object needs to always be above ground level, things like this are happening more and more and it's really bad

4ab9c5f18199fb8d63362b2f2949f714.jpg

physically impossible to take, no matter what you do, the base which you need to be at is about 6 ft under... If it is in any way possible flags should not be able to clip under the ground at all, inside objects would also be a plus but thats asking for a bit much, as long as they cant be sunk under the ground its fine

This is something I have had to combat with every server I have admined. It would be nice to make a fail safe for flags that would push them out of the ground when players try and glitch them like this. If an anti clipping is found to be difficult or troublesome, perhaps allowing players to interact with the entire flag pole to steal the flag.

Advertisement

This is why I suggested making it so you have to make your teritory payment at your flag instead of at the office trader. If the flag is inaccessible, you can't pay.

2 people like this

You know, now that you mention it. It wouldn't be difficult to make that a reality.

Only thing is, if you make it so that they have to pay it on the flag, they will simply put the flag into a buildable that only they can move, so they move that buildable, pay the flag when they need to, then move that object back onto the flag. And I mean it would still be possible to take the flag using explosives to destroy that object, it just seems like an unnecessary step. If there was a way to make it so the flag couldn't be put into the ground that far and if there was a radius around it preventing the flag from being placed to close to anything it could be placed inside of, then it would be fixed IMO.

1 person likes this

The problem is that the flag sometimes moves after a server restart.

ARMA being ARMA and all.

Perhaps Exile shouldn't be about flags?

1 person likes this

34 minutes ago, Tobias Solem said:

The problem is that the flag sometimes moves after a server restart.

ARMA being ARMA and all.

Perhaps Exile shouldn't be about flags?

if only you could build anywhere and the flag only protected it from other people building

3 hours ago, Skelly said:

Only thing is, if you make it so that they have to pay it on the flag, they will simply put the flag into a buildable that only they can move, so they move that buildable, pay the flag when they need to, then move that object back onto the flag. And I mean it would still be possible to take the flag using explosives to destroy that object, it just seems like an unnecessary step. If there was a way to make it so the flag couldn't be put into the ground that far and if there was a radius around it preventing the flag from being placed to close to anything it could be placed inside of, then it would be fixed IMO.

That's better than sinking it into the floor or into rocks.

I personally don't bother with a base, but that's just me. :)

On 12.11.2016 at 3:42 PM, BetterDeadThanZed said:

This is why I suggested making it so you have to make your teritory payment at your flag instead of at the office trader. If the flag is inaccessible, you can't pay.

^ this

Server rules, with admins force base deletions will stop people from sinking a flag into the ground.

I have never seen a flag move, or be sunk due to server restarts. However i do like the idea that people pay at your flag.

and offline server rules, raiding isn't a bad thing.

Advertisement