Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crazy Mike

Sinking Flags into the ground

22 posts in this topic

On 13/11/2016 at 9:40 AM, BetterDeadThanZed said:

I personally don't bother with a base, but that's just me. :)

I reckon you'd be in the minority but I do appreciate the play style, it's higher risk and forces you to be a bit more flexible in how you play as well as not getting completely attached to an area of a map because it's near your base.

Back to the topic at hand though - I think forcing people to pay their base maintenance at the base of the flag sounds like a reasonable way to achieve it. As @Skelly said though, people can just build items OVER the flag to prevent people getting to them. I also like @Crazy Mike's suggestion of not requiring flags at all but not sure how we would achieve this and keep DB's clean without the use of a flag to denote territory....

On 11/15/2016 at 9:39 PM, Riker2335 said:

I reckon you'd be in the minority but I do appreciate the play style, it's higher risk and forces you to be a bit more flexible in how you play as well as not getting completely attached to an area of a map because it's near your base.

Back to the topic at hand though - I think forcing people to pay their base maintenance at the base of the flag sounds like a reasonable way to achieve it. As @Skelly said though, people can just build items OVER the flag to prevent people getting to them. I also like @Crazy Mike's suggestion of not requiring flags at all but not sure how we would achieve this and keep DB's clean without the use of a flag to denote territory....

Right now it is the only way, until another idea comes out like a "flag pole" set so if you go higher, or lower it still has a positioning placement.

I also added in a small msg script to tell owners of their flags the due date.

I wouldn't mind adding that to the scroll wheel at the flag pole to announce when it is due. Or the XM8 to pay within 5 meters of the flag pole.

Could we also not have a crafting flagpole?? idea with a base. Or replace the flag at vendor and do a new flag base pole.

You can not pge up or down. It is based on your character height.

Advertisement

So far adding this to my territory flags have worked out fine, nothing really breaking anything, AND I don't need to create a trader zone at all on my hardcore server, its a win win

Server\mpmissions\Exile.Chernarus\Config.cpp

Find Class Flag using notepad search function and just add what I have at the bottom of my flags, its simple and works fine.

class Flag
	{
		targetType = 2;
		target = "Exile_Construction_Flag_Static";

class Actions
		{
			class StealFlag: ExileAbstractAction
			{
				title = "Steal Flag";
				condition = "((ExileClientInteractionObject getvariable ['ExileFlagStolen',1]) isEqualTo 0)";
				action = "['StealFlag', _this select 0] call ExileClient_action_execute";
			};

class RestoreFlag: ExileAbstractAction
			{
				title = "Restore Flag";
				condition = "((ExileClientInteractionObject getvariable ['ExileFlagStolen',0]) isEqualTo 1)";
				action = "['restoreFlagRequest', [netID ExileClientInteractionObject]] call ExileClient_system_network_send";
			};
			class PayProtectionFlag: ExileAbstractAction
			{
				title = "Pay Flag Protection Fee";
				condition = "true";
				action = "_this call ExileClient_gui_payTerritoryProtectionMoneyDialog_show";
			};
			class PayRansomFlag: ExileAbstractAction
			{
				title = "Pay Flag Ransom Fee";
				condition = "true";
				action = "_this call ExileClient_gui_payFlagRansomDialog_show";
			};
		};
	};

@BetterDeadThanZed I suggest removing the trader zone / office trader entirely or people will simply sink their flags anyway and go to that npc, you could try and remove it from the office trader but i dont have one so i dont need to :P

Edited by Crazy Mike

1 hour ago, Crazy Mike said:

So far adding this to my territory flags have worked out fine, nothing really breaking anything, AND I don't need to create a trader zone at all on my hardcore server, its a win win

Server\mpmissions\Exile.Chernarus\Config.cpp

Find Class Flag using notepad search function and just add what I have at the bottom of my flags, its simple and works fine.

class Flag
	{
		targetType = 2;
		target = "Exile_Construction_Flag_Static";

class Actions
		{
			class StealFlag: ExileAbstractAction
			{
				title = "Steal Flag";
				condition = "((ExileClientInteractionObject getvariable ['ExileFlagStolen',1]) isEqualTo 0)";
				action = "['StealFlag', _this select 0] call ExileClient_action_execute";
			};

class RestoreFlag: ExileAbstractAction
			{
				title = "Restore Flag";
				condition = "((ExileClientInteractionObject getvariable ['ExileFlagStolen',0]) isEqualTo 1)";
				action = "['restoreFlagRequest', [netID ExileClientInteractionObject]] call ExileClient_system_network_send";
			};
			class PayProtectionFlag: ExileAbstractAction
			{
				title = "Pay Flag Protection Fee";
				condition = "true";
				action = "_this call ExileClient_gui_payTerritoryProtectionMoneyDialog_show";
			};
			class PayRansomFlag: ExileAbstractAction
			{
				title = "Pay Flag Ransom Fee";
				condition = "true";
				action = "_this call ExileClient_gui_payFlagRansomDialog_show";
			};
		};
	};

@BetterDeadThanZed I suggest removing the trader zone / office trader entirely or people will simply sink their flags anyway and go to that npc, you could try and remove it from the office trader but i dont have one so i dont need to :P

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out. The office trader also lets you create families, so you can't have any families if you don't have an office trader. 

2 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out. The office trader also lets you create families, so you can't have any families if you don't have an office trader. 

class RegisterFamily: ExileAbstractAction
            {
                title = "Register Family";
                condition = "true";
                action = "_this call ExileClient_gui_registerClanDialog_show";
            };

just added this to mine aswell, forgot to mention

you can switch condition to either check if they have building rights or something else but i didnt bother

Edited by Crazy Mike

For the flags in ground issue i just go to database and if any flags are at - height i just change it to 0.5m above ground.

Welp my 0.5m above ground doesnt work, it might be to high to be stolen cos it comes back as you are to far from flag after it reaches 100%, will have to wait till next restart to see. And sorry to say @Crazy Mike but you can pay protection on flag at any height, so this is not going to protect it from glitching flags in ground (was a good idea though, maybe possible to make pay protection at the base as stealing).

Yup, lifting them just a little off the ground wont work either, it gives players whoops youre to far message(after stealing process reached 100%). I am able to steal that exact flag, but as an admin.

9 hours ago, Sgt Smash said:

Stealing flags is pointless anyways!

We are so greatful for your input. Which was btw pointless.

Advertisement