BetterDeadThanZed

Objects sinking at traders

9 posts in this topic

I'm working on a new trader city and I've encountered a problem. When placing items on a counter in the editor, it's placed properly. When I switch to "Play as this character" in the editor, these objects sink into the counter:

20161115131503_1.jpg20161115131533_1.jpg

I also have some shelves where some of the items sink into it like in the screenshot above. I tried making the counter a simple object and I tried enabling simulation but it still does it.

Have the same issue with placing some bridges/stuff over water. ARMA just does a hickup and moves'em to the side.

I've concluded that it's a shit engine and moved on. :/

Advertisement

you could also raise them a hair if other objects have the same problem

43 minutes ago, Crazy Mike said:

you could also raise them a hair if other objects have the same problem

It didn't matter how much I raised them. They sunk back into the counter until I set each item to simple object.

18 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

It didn't matter how much I raised them. They sunk back into the counter until I set each item to simple object.

havent had that happen to me yet, could be a defective counter, also if that is the apex counter it will kick players who dont have apex, it kinda looks like it is

Edited by Crazy Mike

8 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

I'm working on a new trader city and I've encountered a problem. When placing items on a counter in the editor, it's placed properly. When I switch to "Play as this character" in the editor, these objects sink into the counter:

20161115131503_1.jpg20161115131533_1.jpg

I also have some shelves where some of the items sink into it like in the screenshot above. I tried making the counter a simple object and I tried enabling simulation but it still does it.

Hey man I had the same issue on Tanoa when I made a trader at the airport. It happens when you convert the object to a simple object with the plugin. I fixed it by adjusting the the height of it in the attributes. 

11 minutes ago, Crazy Mike said:

havent had that happen to me yet, could be a defective counter, also if that is the apex counter it will kick players who dont have apex, it kinda looks like it is

I tried two counters, and it happened on both. The other counter I tried is the one you normally see with the food trader, with the register on it. I'm pretty sure you don't need the Apex DLC to have that. You only need it to play Tanoa and use Apex vehicles and weapons.

11 minutes ago, jmayr2000 said:

Hey man I had the same issue on Tanoa when I made a trader at the airport. It happens when you convert the object to a simple object with the plugin. I fixed it by adjusting the the height of it in the attributes. 

For me it was the reverse. Once I converted the objects to simple objects, they stopped sinking through the counter.

Advertisement