DasPwnzR

Exile Server with a few minor problems

Question

hello there guys in the last couple of days i have managed to setup an Exile server and ran into a few problems that was easy enough to sort out just from looking around here ,Now i have a few more problems that i cannot seem to fix 

Firstly a list of what i have installed on the server :
1:  DMS from Defent's github
2: StatusBar from  CR34mPIE 's github

3: InfiSTAR from InfiSTAR

The Problems im Having are as follows :

Spawns : People that join the server are sometimes spawning on the ground when by default before adding addons ect to the server you always parachuted in which is what i want.

DMS A.I. : The AI seem way too hard in difficulty, no matter what Difficulty its reports it to be in-game. Even if i change in TADST the difficulty it does not seem to change anything.

InfiSTAR : has a problem giving pop tabs to people or even myself as admin too and also reports this error when i press F1 "No entry 'mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Altis\description.ext/infiSTAR_AdminMenu/infiSTAR_MAP.LineMarkr'.

i would be very greatful if anyone has any simple solutions or just advice in general to fix/manage these problems im having on our server thanks

10 answers to this question

28 minutes ago, DasPwnzR said:

hello there guys in the last couple of days i have managed to setup an Exile server and ran into a few problems that was easy enough to sort out just from looking around here ,Now i have a few more problems that i cannot seem to fix 

Firstly a list of what i have installed on the server :
1:  DMS from Defent's github
2: StatusBar from  CR34mPIE 's github

3: InfiSTAR from InfiSTAR

The Problems im Having are as follows :

Spawns : People that join the server are sometimes spawning on the ground when by default before adding addons ect to the server you always parachuted in which is what i want.

DMS A.I. : The AI seem way too hard in difficulty, no matter what Difficulty its reports it to be in-game. Even if i change in TADST the difficulty it does not seem to change anything.

InfiSTAR : has a problem giving pop tabs to people or even myself as admin too and also reports this error when i press F1 "No entry 'mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Altis\description.ext/infiSTAR_AdminMenu/infiSTAR_MAP.LineMarkr'.

i would be very greatful if anyone has any simple solutions or just advice in general to fix/manage these problems im having on our server thanks

DMS:

Open up your DMS config.sqf, scroll to line 439 (roughly) or search for "DMS_ai_skill_static" and replace that whole block with this..

DMS_ai_skill_static					= [["aimingAccuracy",0.20],["aimingShake",0.70],["aimingSpeed",0.75],["spotDistance",0.70],["spotTime",0.50],["courage",1.00],["reloadSpeed",1.00],["commanding",1.00],["general",1.00]];	// Static AI Skills
DMS_ai_skill_easy					= [["aimingAccuracy",0.30],["aimingShake",0.50],["aimingSpeed",0.50],["spotDistance",0.50],["spotTime",0.50],["courage",1.00],["reloadSpeed",1.00],["commanding",1.00],["general",0.50]];	// Easy
DMS_ai_skill_moderate				= [["aimingAccuracy",0.50],["aimingShake",0.50],["aimingSpeed",0.50],["spotDistance",0.50],["spotTime",0.50],["courage",1.00],["reloadSpeed",1.00],["commanding",1.00],["general",0.60]];	// Moderate
DMS_ai_skill_difficult				= [["aimingAccuracy",0.60],["aimingShake",0.60],["aimingSpeed",0.60],["spotDistance",0.60],["spotTime",0.60],["courage",1.00],["reloadSpeed",1.00],["commanding",1.00],["general",0.70]]; 	// Difficult
DMS_ai_skill_hardcore				= [["aimingAccuracy",0.70],["aimingShake",0.70],["aimingSpeed",0.70],["spotDistance",0.70],["spotTime",0.80],["courage",1.00],["reloadSpeed",1.00],["commanding",1.00],["general",1.00]]; 	// Hardcore

It's moves all the difficulties down a notch and stops them being crazy OP and aimbot.

InfiSTAR: Download the latest version (it's JUST been updated to v66), go over the instructions several times and confirm you've followed each step as it looks like you may have missed a file somewhere.

Edited by kuplion
2 people like this

BIG THANKS thats is a real big help for the DMS difficulty and i really do appreciate your help, do you not know anything about the spawn problem im having  ?

Advertisement

Ah sorry, I missed that one. lol

Can you post your server RPT to pastebin and link it here so we can look for errors?

It's normally in your Arma3 server folder, possibly in a sub folder called SC.

12 minutes ago, DasPwnzR said:

sorry forgive me hopefully this is the right one http://pastebin.com/WjMzsZdX

That looks like the right one, but there are no errors at all related to your (re)spawning issue or even the InfiSTAR one. Hmm.

EDIT: Spotted the issue with InfiSTAR. it looks like you're not using the Exile version. The normal Arma3 version kind of works I'm sure but lots of the features probably won't.

EDIT 2: And you're running version v0006a when the current version is V0244A. You've no hope of getting a version that old to work, update it.

Edited by kuplion

before added anything to the exile server when it was vannila if you like we always used Parachute in and now my friends who play here report that sometimes they parachute but then other times they are just laying on the floor with parachute equipped it's strange and annoying if your wanting to get closer to friends ect with the chute.

26 minutes ago, DasPwnzR said:

before added anything to the exile server when it was vannila if you like we always used Parachute in and now my friends who play here report that sometimes they parachute but then other times they are just laying on the floor with parachute equipped it's strange and annoying if your wanting to get closer to friends ect with the chute.

It is most likely a conflict somehow with a mod you've added. Remove any modifications and see if the problem remains. Then add them back one at a time to see which is causing it.

ok man i will try its late here now so i'll give it a shot tomorrow , again big thanks for your help

Advertisement