IN005

Idea's of IN005

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

i was thinking about some things that could be usefull or change some of the existing objects.

- half stairs, cause not every where the big stair is needed

- half floors to make bridges

- chairs to sit on

- a water safer (don't know the correct word for it) wich let you get free fresh  water from the morning dew

- water tanks need to be refilled by players or be connected with a pipe to the water safer

- oil pumps

- refineries to produce fuel from that oil

- brick objects as a prepress of the concrete

- clay to make bricks

- working solar panels as an alternative for the extremly loud generator

- batteries to store energy from the solar panels to use it at night

- electric fences to stop enemies for a while

- the generator needs to be filled with fuel to be useable for some time

- bear traps

- torches (to hold and to place on walls etc)

- lootspawn on wrecks, shelves etc

- burn able wood objects with destruction of the object after a time (only the normal ones, not the reinforced)

- spraycans to make graffities on walls (could be safed into the data base)

- ui sounds and changable ui via config to decide between normal exile, survival, or zombi survival or a custum one in the mission folder

A long list, but only a small part of ideas i could offer. Wich one is good, wich not? Let me hear in the comments below.

Greetings

IN005

Wow, that is a long list. Depending on the server you're playing on, some is already implemented or at least partially......

spraycans to make graffities on walls  - I've seen some servers allowing you to paint weapons and the likes with spraycans, not sure if you could convert this to a "tag" to spray on the wall though as that would require creating some sort of image and saving that to the DB somehow. Might be a monster performance hit to the server.

half floors to make bridges - There was a drawbridge in Exile at one stage but it was removed due to problems with it. Half width floors would be nice though.

a water safer - Implemented in Extended Base Mod if I understand what you mean correctly

water tanks - Also in EBM (or is it part of Exile?) but doesn't need plumbing, theory goes that you hook it up to the roof or something automatically and you get dirty water out of it (use your imagination :) )

chairs to sit on - Would likely need some sort of custom animation to go with it but could be doable with the implementation of the Russian Roulette chairs

lootspawn on wrecks, shelves etc - This is up to the server admins, I have seen this on some servers and I have some shelves implemented on my server but not the wrecks.

changable ui via config - UI is customisable by the server admin but not many UI options are out there as Exile has a nice UI to start with. Don't believe it's user customisable but happy to be proven wrong.

I'm not a developer , just a server admin and have no experience with ARMA development whatsoever so not certain what is technically possible with the ARMA engine. Someone else might have a better idea of what's technically feasible in the mod space......

3 hours ago, Riker2335 said:

a water safer - Implemented in Extended Base Mod if I understand what you mean correctly

basicly a device to get the morning dew, to store it and use it as a water source, often seen on deserts, but not much on google

i found a picture of bear grills using this technic:

media-67075-240972_photogallery.jpg

in the mad max game this technic was take to create water pads

341863102.jpg

That device was refilled slowly time by time and the player could take all the water from it and it automaticly refills itself again...

3 hours ago, Riker2335 said:

spraycans to make graffities on walls  - I've seen some servers allowing you to paint weapons and the likes with spraycans, not sure if you could convert this to a "tag" to spray on the wall though as that would require creating some sort of image and saving that to the DB somehow. Might be a monster performance hit to the server.

Basicly a nearby the same working script is already ingame and used by a mod, the famous bloodgore mod, but it is actually a performance monster

Advertisement