Kingdom

Side Chat blocked only for Admin???

6 posts in this topic

As long as I do not use my InfiStar admin tools I can see and send sidechat. Once I spectate or spawn items for a player then they can see my side chat, but I can no longer see any chat on the server, I can still send chat and the players see it, just cant see mine or their responses till I relog.  Is this a simple setting I have just missed? Anyone else have this unique issue?

King

Its normal Arma feature chat bugging out, if infistar seems to affect it you need to update the infistar. That being said my infi is quite old never did that to me, so make sure you have everything installed correctly, for example "verify" your infi Diffmerge downloaded files with files from server.

Advertisement

The only thing infiSTAR does by default is this:

/*
	if somebody talks on one of the following channels, his channel will be switched to "direct" channel
	0 = Global
	1 = Side
	2 = Command
	3 = Group
	4 = Vehicle
	5 = Direct <-- this is where people get switched too if they talk in one of the blacklisted channels!
	6-15 = Custom Radio (see radioChannelCreate)
*/
disAllowVon[] = {1,2};

disabling voice over network on sidechat and command chat :) (global chat is not touched and "chatting" in text is not touched either)

Yes, my InfiStar VON settings are default. It is not VON, I simple use InfiStar and then I no longer SEE sidechat of any kind. I've not hit F1 and touched my InfiStar for a full restart and I see chat the entire time. Problem is I can not guarantee when it happens, it is usually after I spectate a player or spawn in their welcome crate. Oh well, maybe one day it will magically stop. :) 

penalty for spawning welcome crates imo.let people play ;)

On 28.11.2016 at 0:55 AM, Kingdom said:

Oh well, maybe one day it will magically stop. :) 

Not caused by me/my tool as it's not happening for me when I test it :P  maybe config or description .ext disallowing the chat :)

Advertisement