Psymon

Creating .PBO Help

Question

I've tried to start a server from SCRATCH.  I've created a mission.sqm file with the editor with the help of 3DEN Plugin.   I placed all my world objects, ect (almost all, working on safe zones ect.) and I can give a friend the mission.sqm file and he can see all my contruction.   I exported initServer.sqf, and initPlayerLocal.sqf.   I used existing files from another pbo such as "PREFIX" "CALL.fsm" Ect beause I didn't know where or how to create those files from my editor.    When I load the pbo onto my server, it's a vanilla blank Chernarus map.   What am I missing?

Edited by Psymon

7 answers to this question

19 minutes ago, Psymon said:

I've tried to start a server from SCRATCH.  I've created a mission.sqm file with the editor with the help of 3DEN Plugin.   I placed all my world objects, ect (almost all, working on safe zones ect.) and I can give a friend the mission.sqm file and he can see all my contruction.   I exported initServer.sqf, and initPlayerLocal.sqf.   I used existing files from another pbo such as "PREFIX" "CALL.fsm" Ect beause I didn't know where or how to create those files from my editor.    When I load the pbo onto my server, it's a vanilla blank Chernarus map.   What am I missing?

Download the @exileserver-1.0.2 from the downloads section theres a mission.pbo already there you can use as a base.. if you're trying to use the editor you'll want to merge the files with your custom objects.. and you'll want something like pbo manager to actually pack/unpack the pbo's with.

21 minutes ago, Zze said:

Download the @exileserver-1.0.2 from the downloads section theres a mission.pbo already there you can use as a base.. if you're trying to use the editor you'll want to merge the files with your custom objects.. and you'll want something like pbo manager to actually pack/unpack the pbo's with.

I've done all that.  What's happening is all the things I've added are not loading in.   They're in the mission.pbo but they don't load ont he map when the server is up.  Do I need to call all the Class  of all the objects I've added somewhere in another file?

Advertisement
3 minutes ago, Psymon said:

I've done all that.  What's happening is all the things I've added are not loading in.   They're in the mission.pbo but they don't load ont he map when the server is up.  Do I need to call all the Class  of all the objects I've added somewhere in another file?

depends what you added to the .pbo  give us an example what you added

20 minutes ago, hogansheroes said:

what map are you running with what mods are you using on the server

Exile.Chernarus

Extended Base Mod

CBA

CUP Map

Cup Core

Cup Vehicles

Cup Weapons

TRYK

Advanced Towing

Nato_Rus_Weapons

VSM_GearPack_v2_Beta

If somebody can troubleshoot my PBO file, I would be willing to pay.

There are syntax errors,  I can provide a log file. 

so what is actually happening when you join the server or startup the server and yes send your latest rpt

Advertisement