Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
1Man

Players giving themselves poptabs?

9 posts in this topic

Anyone else running into the problem of script kiddies coming into a server and giving themselves poptabs? I have banned a lot as of late for this reason, I have went thru the SURVEILLANCELOG and crossed check with trader log. Is it possible to add a check that if poptabs are over a certain amount set by the owner/admin it will temp ban the player?

1 hour ago, 1Man said:

Anyone else running into the problem of script kiddies coming into a server and giving themselves poptabs? I have banned a lot as of late for this reason, I have went thru the SURVEILLANCELOG and crossed check with trader log. Is it possible to add a check that if poptabs are over a certain amount set by the owner/admin it will temp ban the player?

It's possible they are just duping, what mods do you have enabled, cups/NIarms?

far as doing the bans tho you could make a custom call to the database to check if player poptabs >= limit, then add temp ban. type thing, but probably better to find the cause first.

Edited by Zze

Advertisement

its simple this guys where duping and selling the stuff earned at the same moment respect (reputation) we on our server can see this easy is some one duping or not. because there have too much respect points earned. normaly on our server is 30000 and this guys allready have 200000k :D

But in the last 4 days i have banned scripting kiddies there spawning. with a simple HackingTool equip classes like

DLC Ghillie + navid +  silencer. and 500 000k cash on the hand 3 different guys with this in the last 4 days

All one banned instantly after 3min playtime :D I love this guys where using some stuff but dont know anything on the server :D navid and all silencer are banned.

But its really hard too see after the days off the Arma 3 (sale) again so much stupid people online...

@Sgt. ScrapMetal what you describe there is a bit more of a problem as you might think.

The Items okay -> if you run infiSTAR and Battleye they might have been able to bypass the client side part by having a signed System driver and what not...

However if they were able to add themselves 500.000k in one  go, that means they were able to execute code on your server somehow (should be impossible!).

That however allows them to do whatever they want with your server and players.

Can you let me know

1. if you run infiSTAR?
2. do you run Battleye?
3. what BE Filters do you have?

can you share information about those people (logs) so I can eventually put them on my global blacklist?

1. Yeah,  but not the actually currently.

2. sure :D

3. all  i need :D

Sorry i dont like the idea, for your blacklist, i know the players are using any script,cheat or something but i dont punished the guys on this way.

The guys Permanetly banned from our server, i have no problem too give informations for guys where exploding everything on the server or destroying anything. but not for guys where mabys doing one bad move.

Edited by Sgt. ScrapMetal

Mostly recently from Today they have duped sold vehicles, I heard something that they get into the drivers seat when the other player is selling one and just rinse and repeat. I have anti theft on the server unless your in a group or family then you can get into the vehicle.

21 hours ago, 1Man said:

Mostly recently from Today they have duped sold vehicles, I heard something that they get into the drivers seat when the other player is selling one and just rinse and repeat. I have anti theft on the server unless your in a group or family then you can get into the vehicle.

you didn't really answer if you're using other mods or even acknowledged anyone's points for that matter you just made another statement, so... going to assume you are.

will prevent the attachment dupes caused by cups/nlarms and other wepons mods., and mr handy dandy infiSTAR will prevent a bunch of other methods of duping. however far as the vehicle one you explained, not really sure, although I've not seen it

Well Chris w/infistar pointed out my issue that I failed to look at the link he provided for the v66 update. Thanks Again!

Advertisement