[RG] Salutesh

[WIP] Exile Taunus Project

103 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Roaban said:

I dont mind waiting for you guys to finish.... im still learning the editor so you guys will probably do a better job than I. plus i dont know how to do loot table spawn positions anyway.

Thats the point...if you host a server live that is unable to give the real exile experiance and buildings are missing loot an suff they probably will leave the server and will never visit again a other server with the map because they expect them to be the same...

Edited by [RG] Salutesh
1 person likes this

Advertisement

ok so i have worked out how to put loot in to map, but as keys dont work i have no way to test it on this map, any suggestions? i thought whilst your doing traders i could sort out loot spawning.

you can make server config.cfg not check keys for your testing purpose. (would suggest passwording server though.)

onUnsignedData = "";	

though...I found it very stressful in trying to set loot pos directly in Taunus as it somehow lags as hell for me while playing in editor...if you have the same problem, might be better you plot the buildings in VR mission and then play scenario and set loot pos there.

Edited by yukihito23

24 minutes ago, yukihito23 said:

you can make server config.cfg not check keys for your testing purpose. (would suggest passwording server though.)

onUnsignedData = "";	

though...I found it very stressful in trying to set loot pos directly in Taunus as it somehow lags as hell for me while playing in editor...if you have the same problem, might be better you plot the buildings in VR mission and then play scenario and set loot pos there.

Thanks much apprciated will check it out now, hopefully not to stressful lol

Just a thought for some of you.

I have a quad core 2.7ghz cpu with 4gb of RAM, GTX 650 video board, and traditional HDD's.  I have no issues whatsoever.

It runs just like Tanoa does, a VERY slight 'lag', but quit playable with no 'complaints'.

I am also using about 30 mods (CUP, RHS, MCC4, etc.) as well as doing stuff via the editor - no problems.

These issues that some of you are reporting, you might want to examine your setup's.  Biggest thing is to defrag your HDD that the map is on UNLESS you have a SSD - then do NOT defrag!

The only issue that I have, is that you can not reload a saved MCC4 mission.  I cannot do this on Australia or the Diyala maps either....???  All others work just fine.

Oh well, something for yall to ponder on!

And this map is about one of the best going too!

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Z80CPU said:

I have a quad core 2.7ghz cpu with 4gb of RAM, GTX 650 video board, and traditional HDD's.  I have no issues whatsoever.

It runs just like Tanoa does, a VERY slight 'lag', but quit playable with no 'complaints'.

I am also using about 30 mods (CUP, RHS, MCC4, etc.) as well as doing stuff via the editor - no problems.

These issues that some of you are reporting, you might want to examine your setup's.  Biggest thing is to defrag your HDD that the map is on UNLESS you have a SSD - then do NOT defrag!

The only issue that I have, is that you can not reload a saved MCC4 mission.  I cannot do this on Australia or the Diyala maps either....???  All others work just fine.

I dont seem to have any issues tbh, actually i find tanoa worse.. but that may just be me O.o

5 minutes ago, Z80CPU said:

I think my problem is something specific in my setup and eden editor, though I'm running off SSD and using i5K, 16GB RAM and an ATI card.

when I run Taunus off my localhost server I don't get any lag.

Advertisement