Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eurisko

Normal sling loading

4 posts in this topic

I've just got a new server up and running and none of the choppers will do sling loading.  I'm not trying to use any mods.  Just the normal Arma3 sling loading.  I've scoured the internet and the config files but I can't see a flag that enables/disables sling loading.  Does anyone  know how to switch on sling loading.

Thanks

Hello Eurisko,

IF you are using DEFAULT ARMA and DEFAULT Exile, you CAN sling load.  BUT, you MUST ensure that the heli can actually pick-up the object in question.

A Hummingbird can NOT pick up a truck, but can pick up an ATV for example.

ARMA has a 'sling load assistant', I would recommend you use it.  Search your key settings to find what key you have it set to.  'Red' means NO, 'Green' means YES to picking up objects.

:)

Advertisement

Thanks for your reply Z80CPU.  I'm familiar with sling load assistant and use it all the time on other people's servers.  I'm also aware of the limitations of each aircraft.  But the sling load assistant isn't available to me in my instance.  That's my problem.

You're welcome!  :)

With this then,  you're NOT using default exile/ARMA!  The keyword is DEFAULT.  You have used default before as you have used the assistant.  Since you do not see it now and it IS PRESENT with default ARMA/Exile, then you're NOT USING DEFAULT ARMA/EXILE server settings!

What could it be?  Beats me!  ???

Not too much help I know, except you now know that it is present and you can sling on default ARMA/Exile.

:)

Advertisement