MonnSTAR

[SOLVED] infiSTAR loading fine now

20 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

So here I am after hours & hours of trying to get infiSTAR to work and it just simply refuses to load or even acknowledge that it's loading when I log into my server.  I've watched numerous guides on YouTube and read tutorials online, but infiSTAR has since changed his file structure so a lot of the tutorials I am finding are a year or more out of date & don't match with his current structure.  I did find one gem that is actually pretty recent (about 5 months old) and was actually using the same server host I am using the same admin panel.  I followed his instructions to the T and still I got nothing.  As well rounded as the video is, I still feel like he left out some key steps in the installation process.  I am a new admin and I am trying really hard to learn this stuff, but being so new, I need to be baby stepped through a process like this when I have exhausted all options on my own and no longer know what to try or to do.

If you guys need me to provide certain log files or documentation to further help me in getting this installed,  I will gladly oblige.  If you want to know my process that I followed, I followed every instruction in this video and I was even feeling super confident that I did it right, but after the 3rd or so server reinstall and DB wipe to make sure I didn't miss a step and it still not work, I have no clue what to do at this point.  I have opened up a support ticket with my host provider, but until then I am still trying to search for answers and get help on my own.  Thanks guys, here's the video.

Arma 3 Exile infistar Install Updated Tutorial

Hey mate,

you didn't go through the readme.txt file :/ ?

You have problem?
send me the following:
    - server rpt file (complete file, not just a part of it - VERY IMPORTANT!)
    - client rpt file from you when you were trying to connect to the server, while it had the error
    - infiSTAR Log files (if it already wrote logs)
    - your current mpmission file
    - gameserver provider (if it is not your own dedi box - if it is your box, tell me)
    - purchase email (used in payment process)
    - update.infiSTAR.de used steam id
    - server name
    - server mod + version
    - custom scripts that could cause trouble
    - custom mods that could cause trouble
make sure to use the latest infiSTAR version!

provide as much as possible from that list :P

Advertisement

Sorry man, I was just going off of the video I was watching and must have missed the obvious "if you need help this is how you address it with me" post in your read me.  I did read the read me, but I was doing this at like 5am in the morning.  Where do I find the client.rpt, server.rpt, and infistar logs by chance? 

The other stuff I can easily provide, I just did a server reinstall and will go through the process again and get back to you shortly with all of the info you need.  I appreciate you replying back personally @infiSTAR, super cool of you man.

I'm working on documenting the entire process that I've been doing by taking screen shots, and will get the files that infistar has requested so you guys know exactly what I've done.  Give me a few and I'll have that info for you.

installing infistar is quite easy if you need help let me know asap before i hit the sack for a sleep

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, hogansheroes said:

installing infistar is quite easy if you need help let me know asap before i hit the sack for a sleep

Would you want to hop in my discord with me and my other admin?  Here is our server link.  https://discord.gg/XxTUXDj

Edited by MonnSTAR

I've just checked MonnSTAR and it looks like you've not even downloaded the latest version from (link in my signature) https://update.infiSTAR.de yet?! You should do that before we go on here :)

6 minutes ago, hogansheroes said:

i dont have discord and dont know how too use it

Umm, okay.  It's the easiest program in the world to use, lol.  However, I am looking for the .rpt files that @infiSTAR is requesting in my documents on my computer but I am not seeing them.  I can provide the other information pretty easily, I just need to know where to find these .rpt files and the log files for infistar so I can get this information up there.

Discord would really be helpful because I could explain to you rather quickly my process versus typing out a novel.

Advertisement