Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wilderness

One particular player aways gets kicked from server

Question

Hi guys,

So we've had a server running for six months and for the most part players can connect and play for hours on end with no issues at all.

However we have one player that is having a nightmare either connecting or staying connected, he gets kicked for a signature check timeout or just gets kicked for no apparent reason, I searched the logs and this is what I find for him (obviously I removed his UID number).

12:57:49 NetServer::SendMsg: cannot find channel #2070910643, users.card=2
12:57:49 NetServer: users.get failed when sending to 2070910643
12:57:49 Message not sent - error 0, message ID = ffffffff, to 2070910643 (jay)
12:57:49 "<infiSTAR.de>CONNECTLOG| #2 Disconnected: jay(XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX- 9) SteamName: jay-uk   [08-Dec-2016 20-36-31 - v0069]"
12:57:50 No player found for channel 2069187200 - message ignored
12:57:50 Client: Remote object 9:0 not found

Can anyone explain what's going on here, he is the only one who has this issue connecting to our server, he's gone as far as completely reinstalling windows, arma3, exile and all the mods, we told him not to use a wireless connection and to plug in on a CAT5 cable (yeah you'll be surprised how many play on wireless while streaming videos etc lol)

From in game all we see in side channel is "SC jay was kicked from the game" or something to that effect.

Also what causes the signature check timeout kick? as in why does it happen?

Any advise or info would be much appreciated as we don't know what else to tell him, he's a good long standing player but as we're shutting down our arma2 epoch server he wants to migrate to our exile server so we really want to help him out with this if we can.

Many thanks

8 answers to this question

Someone reinstalled Windows to play on your server? It must be one hell of a server!

What he should do is run a tracert to the server IP and see if that reveals any issues. 

Someone reinstalled Windows to play on your server? It must be one hell of a server!

lol, He didn't do it specifically to play the server (nice thought though), he had been having a few issues and the machine is a number of years old, so thought a fresh start would be the way forward after a ram and GPU upgrade.

What he should do is run a tracert to the server IP and see if that reveals any issues. 

Ok thanks I'll suggest that to him.

just seems really weird that it's only him, we're clean out of ideas.

Advertisement
3 minutes ago, wilderness said:

lol, He didn't do it specifically to play the server (nice thought though), he had been having a few issues and the machine is a number of years old, so thought a fresh start would be the way forward after a ram and GPU upgrade.

Ok thanks I'll suggest that to him.

just seems really weird that it's only him, we're clean out of ideas.

It's possible there's a hop along the path to your server that has an issue and he may be the only one going though the hop that is connecting to your server.

It's possible there's a hop along the path to your server that has an issue and he may be the only one going though the hop that is connecting to your server.

See here's the weird thing some servers he can get onto ok without an issue, and some servers he has the same issue he has with our server.

56 minutes ago, wilderness said:

See here's the weird thing some servers he can get onto ok without an issue, and some servers he has the same issue he has with our server.

That's not weird at all unless those servers are in the same datacenter. Even then it's not guaranteed he'd take the same hops to get to them.

That's not weird at all unless those servers are in the same datacenter

Good point cheers, I'll get him to run the trace and see what that comes back with.

Posted (edited)

So it turns out this player is running buildID 1530895 and everyone else is running 1516337, nothing he is doing is making his Arma3 update, any ideas, I only realised it was a version problem when I spectated him coming into game and soor the pile of bodies building up!

Edited by wilderness

i have the same problem ,some player was kicked after serveral minutes .the server log  said signature check timeout .i have tried many methods and remain unfixed

Advertisement