Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
k4rlh1

[SOLVED] Installation of Infistar. I need assistance please!

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, 

I am very new to server managing and I simply have no idea how to get infistar working on my game server. I've followed all the given instructions to install the anti hack and admin software, but I am unsure if I have done it correctly due to me not knowing how to see if it is actually installed and working :/ also when I'm in game, when I hit F1 no admin menu appears. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and please bare in mind that I'm a noobie at this... xD

Karl

We found a few issues with the setup. Determined after relogging into infistar that the email was blocked. Open your support ticket with @infiSTAR. He should be able to further assist in getting it unblocked to get you up and running!

1 person likes this

Advertisement

The first thing would be to look in your server's .RPT file.   In the table in that file that shows mods loaded, it should show up as successfully loaded.   I'd start there.   If it doesn't show up there then something's missing in one of the config/setup files.   If it IS there, do you see any errors?  Do you have Infistar logging enabled?  If so, that could help figure it out.  It also could depend on how your admin access is set up.  Are the IDs for admins in the config file?  There are several places you can put them depending on what level of access you want to grant to the different levels of admins.   And in my case, anyone that is an admin has to do the !admin thing in a chat window.   They'll be logged out and they have to reconnect.   That way it announces globally that player X is logging in as an admin.  Just another way to minimize admin abuse.

Also when you first enter the game, whether as admin or not, there should be a series of messages at the lower left that indicate that Infistar is loaded.  

I'm not at home now so I can't give you specifics or screenshots but if no one else does before I get home, I'll post what you should be seeing and where to look.

4 minutes ago, Bob_the_K said:

The first thing would be to look in your server's .RPT file.   In the table in that file that shows mods loaded, it should show up as successfully loaded.   I'd start there.   If it doesn't show up there then something's missing in one of the config/setup files.   If it IS there, do you see any errors?  Do you have Infistar logging enabled?  If so, that could help figure it out.  It also could depend on how your admin access is set up.  Are the IDs for admins in the config file?  There are several places you can put them depending on what level of access you want to grant to the different levels of admins.   And in my case, anyone that is an admin has to do the !admin thing in a chat window.   They'll be logged out and they have to reconnect.   That way it announces globally that player X is logging in as an admin.  Just another way to minimize admin abuse.

Also when you first enter the game, whether as admin or not, there should be a series of messages at the lower left that indicate that Infistar is loaded.  

I'm not at home now so I can't give you specifics or screenshots but if no one else does before I get home, I'll post what you should be seeing and where to look.

I took a look into it for him, we got everything loaded properly. But on the website it is showing his email as blocked.

Also since when did infistar become called as a mod? I have never done it that way and mine works just fine.

Thank you all for the help. Really appreciated! Wouldn't know what I would have done without you :D

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, k4rlh1 said:

Thank you all for the help. Really appreciated! Wouldn't know what I would have done without you :D

No worries man. That's what most of us are here for!

1 person likes this

thank you for helping out! :)

1 person likes this

We have closed this thread and marked it as solved.

Advertisement