Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RandoThePirate

Looting locked vehicles

Question

9 answers to this question

26 minutes ago, RandoThePirate said:

ExileClient_object_player_event_onInventoryOpened = "Anti-theft\ExileClient_object_player_event_onInventoryOpened.sqf";

You are overwriting the file that will control when you can access the inventory. This custom file you overwrote is the cause of your problem. Comment out this line and try. I bet you won't have the problem. Then you'll need to go back into the Anti-Theft script and find where the problem is.

Advertisement

all the addons  I  have are pretty basic. 

any idea where to start looking look? 

addons/mods

R3F, DMS, ZCP, Occupation, anti thieft

exile, cups: wep, vehicles, units, terrain, core ,

there are a few other scripts but noting that i can think that would do that. any help would be awsome  I  dont want to scrap the work ive done already.

What files have you overwritten in your customcode section of config.cpp? That's most likely where the problem is.

theres 2 things that could have gone wrong... either the lock setting (vanilla arma locking) is incorrectly being set to unlocked, or the

_objectsetVariable ["ExileIsLocked",-1,true]; has been INCORRECTLY set onto the vehicle. 

//when a vehicle is UNLOCKED you should have these return true

((locked _vehicle) isEqualTo 0) ----- should return true

AND

((locked _vehicle) != 1)

you can manually set these by for example running the code:

_vehicle lock 0;

thats just a little nudge in the right direction.

Look in the file ExileClient_object_player_event_onInventoryOpened

Spoiler

// Cannot access locked vehicles
	if ((locked _container) isEqualTo 2) then
	{
		throw true;
	};

// Cannot access locked containers
	if (_container getVariable ["ExileIsLocked", 1] isEqualTo -1) then 
	{
		throw true;
	};

if either othem popped true on a vehicle the inventory would not open.

Edited by happydayz

CfgExileCustomCode:

class CfgExileCustomCode 
{
ExileClient_util_playerEquipment_add = "Overrides\ExileClient_util_playerEquipment_add.sqf";
ExileClient_gui_escape_suicide = "Overrides\ExileClient_gui_escape_suicide.sqf";
ExileServer_system_trading_network_purchaseVehicleRequest = "Helipad\ExileServer_system_trading_network_purchaseVehicleRequest.sqf";
ExileServer_system_territory_database_load = "ExAdClient\VirtualGarage\CustomCode\ExileServer_system_territory_database_load.sqf";
ExileClient_gui_xm8_slide = "ExAdClient\XM8\CustomCode\ExileClient_gui_xm8_slide.sqf";
ExileClient_gui_xm8_show = "ExAdClient\XM8\CustomCode\ExileClient_gui_xm8_show.sqf";
ExileClient_gui_selectSpawnLocation_event_onSpawnButtonClick = "XG_Spawn_Override\ExileClient_gui_selectSpawnLocation_event_onSpawnButtonClick.sqf";
ExileClient_gui_selectSpawnLocation_show = "XG_Spawn_Override\ExileClient_gui_selectSpawnLocation_show.sqf";
ExileClient_gui_traderDialog_updateInventoryDropdown = "Overrides\ExileClient_gui_traderDialog_updateInventoryDropdown.sqf";
ExileClient_gui_wasteDumpDialog_event_onSellButtonClick = "Overrides\ExileClient_gui_wasteDumpDialog_event_onSellButtonClick.sqf";
ExileClient_object_player_event_onEnterSafezone = "Anti-theft\ExileClient_object_player_event_onEnterSafezone.sqf";
ExileClient_object_player_event_onLeaveSafezone = "Anti-theft\ExileClient_object_player_event_onLeaveSafezone.sqf";
ExileClient_gui_wasteDumpDialog_show = "Anti-theft\ExileClient_gui_wasteDumpDialog_show.sqf";
ExileClient_object_player_event_onInventoryOpened = "Anti-theft\ExileClient_object_player_event_onInventoryOpened.sqf";
ExileClient_object_player_death_startBleedingOut = "EnigmaRevive\ExileClient_object_player_death_startBleedingOut.sqf";
ExileClient_util_world_getNearestLocationName = "Overrides\ExileClient_util_world_getNearestLocationName.sqf";
ExileClient_object_player_event_onKilled = "fixes\ExileClient_object_player_event_onKilled.sqf";
ExileClient_system_process_postInit = "fixes\ExileClient_system_process_postInit.sqf";

10 hours ago, happydayz said:

theres 2 things that could have gone wrong... either the lock setting (vanilla arma locking) is incorrectly being set to unlocked, or the

_objectsetVariable ["ExileIsLocked",-1,true]; has been INCORRECTLY set onto the vehicle. 

//when a vehicle is UNLOCKED you should have these return true

((locked _vehicle) isEqualTo 0) ----- should return true

AND

((locked _vehicle) != 1)

you can manually set these by for example running the code:

_vehicle lock 0;

thats just a little nudge in the right direction.

Look in the file ExileClient_object_player_event_onInventoryOpened

Reveal hidden contents

// Cannot access locked vehicles
	if ((locked _container) isEqualTo 2) then
	{
		throw true;
	};

// Cannot access locked containers
	if (_container getVariable ["ExileIsLocked", 1] isEqualTo -1) then 
	{
		throw true;
	};

if either othem popped true on a vehicle the inventory would not open.

I  have been looking around for anything like this but cant find it. what is the file location I'm looking for if you dont mind?

working on it now crossing my fingers!

thanks for the help. 

if that is it then it gives me a good place to start. at first  I  as going in blind.

6 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

You are overwriting the file that will control when you can access the inventory. This custom file you overwrote is the cause of your problem. Comment out this line and try. I bet you won't have the problem. Then you'll need to go back into the Anti-Theft script and find where the problem is.

Worked like a charm. so far  I  havnt seen any issues that arised from commenting it out. 

anti theft appears to still be working. 

thank you! 

on to the next issue admin tools!

although  I  may just buy infi star because  I  havnt got anything to work yet...

but thats another post

Advertisement