Glism

I JUST want to PLAY how do I start?

Question

I just bought arma 3 and i am new to this forum, and I only bought arma 3 to play this
I first tried to download this game by downloading A3 launcher and i saw an exile server and it said i was missing mods and asked me if i wanted to download them, so i click yes
Mods start downloading from steam workshop CUP weapons CUP core etc etc, I saw each of these and all of them together should be around 4gb max but it ends up taking like 17 gb of space so I deleted all the mods, unsubbed from them, and tried again, same thing. SO now im on the Exile website looking for help on how to play the game, like is there a certain site that lets you download the files and extract them via WinRAR etc? or is there some forum like that that have links to ALL the files you ever need to play exile and causes no issues later on (missing file etc)? (that would be amazing) 

Can someone please help, I just want to play exile. Thank you in advance!

2 answers to this question

If you want to play Exile at it's most basic level, without tons of mods, go to a3launcher and sort by servers running Exile on the Altis map. You won't have to download anything other than Exile as long as there aren't more mods listed other than Exile. Play the game like that for a while before you go off trying to play on servers with a lot of different mods and on different maps.

As @BetterDeadThanZed said, it's up to the server owners to select extra mods above and beyond the base Exile mod so some server owners will have none or one extra and others will have 20+ extra mods to play on their server. The experience is customisable.

Just have a look through the A3 Launcher, pick a server with a low ping that doesn't show as needing many (or any) mods past the base Exile one. Regarding the commentary about the mods  being quite big, yes - some of them are. Depending on the server you are wanting to play on, the map mod could be many gigs alone let alone any extra stuff like new weapons/vehicles etc. 14G doesn't sound unreasonable at all to me once you've added all the mods up for a heavily modded server.

Have fun finding a nice server to play on that suits your play style, there's plenty out there and I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Advertisement