Bob_the_K

New Vehicle Issues - floating vehicles and more.. CUP Upgrade related?

Question

So I'm running the Tanoa map and am using Warsheep's vehicle spawn script.  I'm also using CUP_Vehicles mainly for a few A2 vehicles that I want on the map that aren't in Exile/Apex.  Almost all vehicles that I spawn in with Warsheep's script are Exile_ vehicles, not CUP_vehicles.  But it seems that since the CUPV 1.8.1 update, now some of the vehicles (the Exile_ ones, too) spawn in floating above the ground.  It doesn't appear to be one specific vehicle though.  And if you try to do anything like getting in, inventory, repair, etc. it locks up your character and you have to disconnect and reconnect.  Has anyone else seen this?  Is there a fix?

And the second one is that if you get moving too fast down a hill in a vehicle and exceed it's max speed, it launches in the air, rubber bands for awhile and then comes down, damaging the vehicle and killing the occupants.  Is this an anti-hack thing where it thinks the player is moving faster than it thinks they should be?  Or something else?  Again, is there a known fix or parameter adjustment for this?

3 answers to this question

Hello Bob_the_K,

'Rubber-banding' is typically a lag issue - period.

I have ZERO issues as you describe, then again, I do not use this 'WarSheep' script either.

Also, stop and think - If it was CUP/Exile alone, do you think you would be the only post complaining?  Nope!  There would be bunches of them!

The problem lies on YOUR END ALONE.  I suspect the 'script' as the problem.  As I have never heard of it, I cannot comment on it.

All I can say is that this issue does not exist when InfiSTAR, Exile, and CUP items being used.

Use ONLY Exile/CUP and NOTHING ELSE and i bet it 'goes away'.

;)

What's odd is that at least one of my players can duplicate it every time, 100% of the time.   Since lag depends on sooo many factors, I'd find it difficult to believe  that he can duplicate it to that degree if it were just the server.  I cannot duplicate it at all, no matter what I do, but I have a 100Mb connection into my house and my ping to the server is generally in the 40-50ms range, rarely topping 60ms.  Is it possible that it's related to his having a slower connection?  And my server FPS holds a very steady 44-48 FPS once everything's started up.

But it still doesn't explain why seemingly randomly when a player goes up to a vehicle and tries to do anything, their player freezes.  They can still bring up the vehicle menu (e.g., inventory, refuel, etc.) but cannot move.   And when I do it in admin mode the same thing happens.  And if I transport away from the vehicle, my character is still frozen.  This does not appear to be specific to any particular vehicle(s) or vehicles from one particular mod.  But once a vehicle is in that mode, it locks everyone up that tries to do anything with it.   And there are absolutely no errors, warnings, or other odd entries in either the server or client .RPT files.

It is what is listed above:

Lag

An add-on OUTSIDE of ARMA, Exile, and CUP

There is not much else to say/do from my end - Sorry

As stated, with those three items (minus lag), what you describe does not exist.

Sorry!

Advertisement