Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
m01tar_

Edit mission.sqm for exile icons

7 posts in this topic

Ive tried to do research on this topic, but cant seem to find anything anywhere. All I want is to be able to place the Exile icons onto the map and I cant for the life of me figure out how to do it. The mission.sqm file is protected and I cant get any of the programs that people are using to open it. Ive tried saving it without bignsign on in the editor and that did nothing. Eliteness is now unavailable. Can anyone help me on this? Am I going about this the wrong way?

Advertisement
23 hours ago, mubby said:

Any luck?

I've never used Eliteness, but I'm able to open mission .pbo files using the PBO Manager: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369

Just download the .pbo file, right-click it, and select 'Extract Here' or wherever.

I can open .pbo's just fine. The mission.sqm file is an .sqm extension and does not open with PBO Manager to my knowledge.

6 hours ago, m01tar_ said:

I can open .pbo's just fine. The mission.sqm file is an .sqm extension and does not open with PBO Manager to my knowledge.

Open .SQM with Notepad++. You should be able to view, edit, and save things there. Then repack the .PBO with PBO Manager and you're good to go!

When I attempt to open mine with notepad or notpade++ it displays a ton of nuls. The files works fine in 3den and the game, but I cant edit it.

Ohhhh, I see. Hmm, yeah I'm not sure then. I know that the mission.sqm that comes from Exile I am able to edit freely using Notepad++, but if I create a Scenario in the 3DEN Editor, it shows exactly what you mentioned when I try to view the .SQM file. Now I finally understand what you mean by it being protected...

I have no clue man. :/ Sounds like something you'd probably have better luck with on Bohemia's forums than Exile's?

Is it possible for you to send me that mission.sqm? Is it for cherno?

Advertisement