★SebMeister★

lag Massive random lag spikes since 1.66

Question

So, this happens to everyone I have talked to on different Exile Tanoa servers.

When zooming in after a while of playing, you get a HUGE lag, view distance is lowered immensely, all models look very basic, FPS counter stuck at 1-7 FPS depending on system etc.

After a while Arma 3 will only display a black screen that is impossible to tab out of, you have to use ctrl+alt+delete and manually close the process.

When starting up the game again everything works fine(until it happens again I guess). This happens at least once a in a 6 hour session but many times it happens several times during this time.

Another bug that came with 1.66 is that sometimes you are unable to zoom in or out of your scope and it is stuck in one position, this solves itself after at least 10min or a game restart.

I´m curious if this is only an Exile problem, an Exile Tanoa problem, what could cause this and how to solve this client or server side.

PICTURES AND COMPUTER SPECIFICATIONS BELOW

Thanks.

1dd9e34006ab9ebc6940c8839d863530.jpg 

Right before zooming in which is where the lag and beginning of crash started.

559d0a2da48a46301b00c47a31b47400.jpg

Right after I zoomed in and when the massive lag, view distance and models changed.

f2722c07b9ea2d478463a026881ddfaa.jpg 

After scoping out where view distance shortened, models simplified (sometimes even 2d scarecrows) and 5-6 fps for me.

COMPUTER GEAR (lag not caused because of shit computer)

GPU: MSI GTX 980 Gaming
CPU: Intel i5 4690k Overclocked to 4,4 GHz
SSD: Samsung SSD PRO 850-Series 512GB
HDD 1: WD Caviar Black 1TB
HDD 2: WD Caviar Black 2TB
RAM: Corsair 16GB DDR3 CL9 2133Mhz VENGEANCE PRO
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Power Supply: Corsair TX750M 80+ Bronze Modular
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i

Edited by ★SebMeister★
Spelling

4 answers to this question

Welcome to arma's 3 fps bug!

Considering version 1.66 was supposed to be all about performance, quality and stability, we can all have a laugh on that. Hand on heart, after running arma servers back to arma 2 and over the last 4 years, this is the worst version yet for stability. Without doubt. 

Does seem to be far more prevalent on tanoa. Especially populated servers. Certainly happens a lot more on our tanoa server than Altis and they are equally populated between 40-60 players at peak times. 

We're trialing the server performance builds at the moment which seems to be a great improvement but, but too early to say. 

1 person likes this

Yes, it's the same bug 1 fps, 3 fps, 5fps, 6fps etc... 

Then we have the marvellous out of memory bug when you're launching the game which, can sometimes be fixed by alt tabbing out of arma. 

Land fish, bushes of death and terrain that doesn't render. Could be here awhile..  ☺ 

Advertisement
8 minutes ago, BaroN said:

Welcome to arma's 3 fps bug!

Considering version 1.66 was supposed to be all about performance, quality and stability, we can all have a laugh on that. Hand on heart, after running arma servers back to arma 2 and over the last 4 years, this is the worst version yet for stability. Without doubt. 

Does seem to be far more prevalent on tanoa. Especially populated servers. Certainly happens a lot more on our tanoa server than Altis and they are equally populated between 40-60 players at peak times. 

We're trialing the server performance builds at the moment which seems to be a great improvement but, but too early to say. 

Thanks for giving me some information about this issue. Hopefully this will be fixed in the near future. I just hope most devs know about this bug, I havn´t heard anyone talking about it.

Haha, yeah I call it armas 5 fps bug, a friend calls it 1fps bug etc. It´s all about settings and systems I guess.

Edited by ★SebMeister★

43 minutes ago, ★SebMeister★ said:

uninstall arma, that will resolve your issue. 

3 people like this

Advertisement