Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TrueAegis

Game Crashes On Connect

Question

First off I am completely new here. Nice to meet you all. 

So I have just recently got a server up and running using a Linux box I purchased. Launched the server and everything appears fine. No errors showing up in the terminal. The server shows up in game. 

Here is the issue. I attempt to connect to the server and the game straight crashes. Initially I was unsure if it was something up with my game or my server was configured badly. I had a friend connect and he was having the same issue. 

Virtually, one of two things happens.

1) Either the game loads up and all I see is foliage for a bit before it backs out to the main menu of Arma. (During this time I am not able to spawn, kind of seems like I am glitched halfway into the ground or lying prone. Not able to move Camera.

2) It straight crashes Arma and throws up that awesome window that tells me nothing other than the game has crashed (I can get what it exactly says if needed.)

What I do know is this. Server is vanilla. No other mods on it. I watched the terminal as folks would log in and found that a few things would happen:

1) "Client: Remote object "#":0 not found" would appear right before they disconnect. # would be some number that would change each time. 

2) "Fresnel k must be >0, given n=1,k=0" would appear on launch of server. Unsure what it is referencing.

3) "No player found for channel 2411933696 - message ignored" is the last thing to appear before players attempt to connect. Unsure if that is related.

What I am thinking is that something is configured incorrectly with the server. I am scouring the forums for some kind of answer, but I really have no idea where to look. Though I suspect it is something simple. Any ideas? If you need anything more to help out, just let me know.

18 answers to this question

That is the standard Arma 3 memory crashes. It happens to everyone. It's completely random and there's no sure-fire way to fix it. The most reliable "fix" seems to be the alt-tab fix noted above.

10 minutes ago, TrueAegis said:

The alt-tab "fix" is not working. It does stop it from just straight crashing, but this just gets me to the "staring into foliage and unable to move problem." 

That problem is a database issue. To get real help you need to post your server RPT file (in a pastebin link) along with your database log (also in a pastebin link).

Advertisement

Here is the error that pops up when I start the game:

"The instruction at 0x000000006E697269 reference memory at 0x000000006E697269. The memory could not be written."

Standby on this. I just tested out my connection on another server and I have found I am crashing on those ones as well. May be a computer issue or something. 

Edited by TrueAegis

I've had similar issues. From somewhere else I found a stupid fix that works for me. Connect to server and when the client starts to load, alt-tab to windows for a while. Wait sometime and alt-tab back to game. HTH.

I'll give it a try. I'd still like to find a solution though. Currently reinstalling Exile client side as I feel I was missing files or something.

Now the mods mismatch. Possibly a crap install. Reinstalling the exile client on the server. Already notice that the file is taking longer to upload than before. 

The alt-tab "fix" is not working. It does stop it from just straight crashing, but this just gets me to the "staring into foliage and unable to move problem." 

1) So far I have tried reinstalling the client mod. Thinking something is getting corrupted.

2) Resetting up the database and checking .cfg files. Thinking I just did that wrong.

This is a server issue and I feel it is something simple I am missing. Currently just throwing darts randomly hoping something will work, so far I don't even know what direction to look. Currently scouring installation guides (even windows) to see if something there points something out.

2 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

That problem is a database issue. To get real help you need to post your server RPT file (in a pastebin link) along with your database log (also in a pastebin link).

Where is the database log located? The MySQL error log? 

1 hour ago, TrueAegis said:

Where is the database log located? The MySQL error log? 

It's typically located in the @ExileServer\extDB\logs folder. Also, you are missing some of your server RPT. The whole header part, where it shows your command line, is missing.

Advertisement