AbZurd

Code Locks on doors

7 posts in this topic

First off, I'm so sorry if this is an inappropriate place to ask this question, but I hope you can help anyway.
I did search the site for this information, but found nothing that related directly. If you can point me to an appropriate post, I'd be much obliged.

So, my question:
I can't seem to be able to put code locks on doors that I (or one of my family) has built. 
When I try, I only get the option to open/close door.
I've tried having the lock in my uniform, vest and backpack. 
Any help and/or clarification is much appreciated.

11 hours ago, AbZurd said:

First off, I'm so sorry if this is an inappropriate place to ask this question, but I hope you can help anyway.
I did search the site for this information, but found nothing that related directly. If you can point me to an appropriate post, I'd be much obliged.

So, my question:
I can't seem to be able to put code locks on doors that I (or one of my family) has built. 
When I try, I only get the option to open/close door.
I've tried having the lock in my uniform, vest and backpack. 
Any help and/or clarification is much appreciated.

It might be best to post this on the forum/community for the servers you play on.

Advertisement
10 hours ago, kuplion said:

It might be best to post this on the forum/community for the servers you play on.

Ah, yes. However, I am the admin of the server I play on, you see... And I am looking to understand the mechanics of how me and the other admin can allow, or not allow, code locks to be placed on doors.
There are loads of posts about code locks on vehicles. And those posts seem to cover any situation, but they still relate to vehicles. And none of the posts I have found when searching, covers how, or even if, I can code lock doors that are ambient, placed by player or part of missions (i.e. any door at all). 
Point me to the correct config file, show me a post that I have missed, tell me anything that might help me understand how this works and how I can config the use of code locks. Anything is much appreciated :)

22 hours ago, AbZurd said:

Does other players also have to problem or is it just in that one base? Does it happen to doors or gates too? Wood, reinforced wood or concrete?

Prolly not the same problem as you have:

Actually, pretty rarely i have the problem from time to time too - especially on a fresh builded gate/door. Usually i open/close the door - mostly, even if it shouldn't work it works adding the lock when the gate is opened tho.

Edited by WURSTKETTE

Hello Azburd,

I have had this too.  It seemed to occur when the new lock was 'too close' to an existing door lock(s).  These locked doors where beside and above the new lock.   It was a pain, but after DAYS, I was able to put locks on all doors.  I was admin and this was my base.

Go figure...

;)

1 hour ago, Z80CPU said:

Hello Azburd,

I have had this too.  It seemed to occur when the new lock was 'too close' to an existing door lock(s).  These locked doors where beside and above the new lock.   It was a pain, but after DAYS, I was able to put locks on all doors.  I was admin and this was my base.

Go figure...;)

Thanks for your feedback. It certainly puts an interesting spin on things. But we don't have any other locks on doors.

The doors you did lock, were they in houses you had built, or in houses that are part of the scenery?

It was all 'exile' stuff - built on top of a hill.  it was weird.

And if that is not what happened to you, the only other thing I can think of is some sort of DB lag.  Based on what I know, it polls the DB to determine if a lock is present as well as placing a lock.

Any DB issues would cause an 'issue'.  This might be something you could look at.  Also, if you're an admin, go build a 'test' base and see if it happens there too.  If so, BACKUP your original ARMA profile and create a temporary one and re-test.

That's about all I can think of!

Good luck!

:)

Advertisement