Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Johnny82

Players cant connect

Question

Hi All,

Hoping someone can help as this issue is driving me crazy! I have my dedi up and running about a month now and players could connect and play without a problem. The other 2 admins that i play with are having issues the past few days when trying to connect. They can see the server and connect. I'm already in game and can see them connecting, then connected, but then they get kicked. THere is no other information or error message that comes up other than "X player has been kicked - signature mismatch". When looking through their mods on their gaming rigs, there are a number of corrupt mods, mainly 'extended base mod'. The only fix they have found so far is to completely unsubscribe and remove all mods and then download and install again. Once they do this they can connect and play without issue, for a day or two and then the same thing happens again. I can connect without any problems, both via LAN or direct connect and never have an issue and am running the exact same mods and have the same admin rights (in infistar) as my other two admins. 

I have noticed other players being kicked but it shows a valid error message "player kicked, missing DLC content" which is fine but i just do not understand how this problem keeps coming up for my other two admins and potentially any other player that tries to connect.

I presume the error is not server side if i have no problems connecting via LAN or direct connect but i could be wrong and something could be going unnoticed on my part - server side. 

If anyone on here could try connecting to my server that would be a great help in troubleshooting and ruling out the server side of things (details in my sig).

Edited by Johnny82

10 answers to this question

I noticed this signature check kicks dramatically increased (i might be wrong), as soon as i placed some apex objects on the map. Since you'r running tanoa, that shouldn't be the problem.

But maybe that helps:

onDifferentData                     = "kick (_this select 0)";

into

onDifferentData                     = "";

and

verifySignatures                       = 1;

into

verifySignatures                       = 2; 

On full server (60) we had almost every 30 minutes at least 1-2 ppl get kicked off cuz of signature check or wrong signature (also on tanoa) after removing all apex objects from our altis  we barely see ppl getting kicked of cuz of signature.

I'm pretty sure it's related to that but i cannot proof it, so, give it a try - maybe it helps.

Edited by WURSTKETTE
1 person likes this

Advertisement

Through some testing of my own, the signature checks are coming from people that do not own Tanoa. If they encounter a Tanoa object there is a chance that they will get the failure and DC. My fix on my server was to remove those objects and replace them.

1 person likes this

All of us purchased Tanoa so that does not seem to be an issue on our side. However, one of my admins disabled signature checks at his end (client) and was able to connect successfully without any errors or affect to gameplay. Odd to say the least...

44 minutes ago, Johnny82 said:

However, one of my admins disabled signature checks at his end (client)

Ehh, can you elaborate? I'm pretty sure it's not possible to disable signature checks clientsided.

What you can do is, disable verify signatures checks serverside, wich i tell you is a pretty bad idea (ppl could just connect with modified pbos = "hacks").

15 hours ago, Johnny82 said:

What file is are you suggesting I change and where is it located? 

@ExileServer/config.cfg

5 hours ago, m01tar_ said:

If they encounter a Tanoa object there is a chance that they will get the failure and DC. My fix on my server was to remove those objects and replace them.

Can confirm that, first i thought it was a placebo effect but it's defo a factor on Altis for example. But as OP, we also had those issue on Tanoa (so everybody owned Apex) - maybe it then was related to the previouse DLC-Content, Marksmen, Heli, Kart (never thought about that.).

Edited by WURSTKETTE
2 people like this

I'm one of the admins that's having the connection issues on the server. I was able to join last night by launching Arma and using direct connect. when the popup comes up to show you the mods you have I chose the option to Ignore the Signature Mismatch for extended base mod and then clicked Setup and Connect and was able to join with all mods working. I think that's what Johnny means when he said I disabled signature checks.

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Johnny82 said:

All of us purchased Tanoa so that does not seem to be an issue on our side. However, one of my admins disabled signature checks at his end (client) and was able to connect successfully without any errors or affect to gameplay. Odd to say the least...

It may just be the Tanoa objects themselves regardless if you own them or not and regardless of what map you're on. Is this happening on placed objects only or on the Tanoa map itself with no placed objects? Id be interested to see if it was specific objects as well. What objects did you have placed? Mine were the container stacks and the green h-barriers of differing types.

18 hours ago, m01tar_ said:

green h-barriers of differing types

they made a lot of problems on our server too tho.

I had this same problem on my server (Chernarus). I found that people that didn't have the Apex DLC couldn't see Apex items at the traders (barriers, etc) and would be kicked due to those items. It's best not to use them anywhere by Tanoa.

All fixed. I agree it is partly tanoa objects being the problem. I got fed up and just updated every mod on the server and did a reboot. My other two admins deleted everything and installed fresh from A3L. All working now. One thing I did notice is that RHS mods will allow players to connect even if they are running a newer version. This is temperamental and will sometimes kick players and other times not. @WURSTKETTE

Advertisement