BetterDeadThanZed

Infistar affecting anti-pvp?

11 posts in this topic

I use a script for anti-pvp. It makes it so a player shooting another player does no damage. It's worked fine until today when a player killed another player. They aren't able to kill another player all the time, but they were this time. In the ExileClient_object_player_event_onHandleDamage.sqf, this piece of code accomplishes this:

if (isPlayer _sourceOfDamage && !(_sourceOfDamage isEqualTo player)) exitWith {
    _amountOfDamage = 0;
    _amountOfDamage
};

The only change today was that I updated from Infistar 069a to 071. Did something change in 071 that might affect that code and cause it not to work some of the time? So far it appears there have been 2 instances where a player killed another player. An admin went on and tried it and couldn't kill anyone.

have you dissabled the Godmode check?

/*
    This will check from serverside if a playerobject received damage but did not take it
*/
GodModeCheck = "true";

I think thats your porblem this check dont affect for admins so i think thats why is all fine for the testing amdin but not for players.

Advertisement

Yes I have that set to false. When I was testing the anti PvP I had that check enabled and the script didn't work until I disabled it. 

9 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

I use a script for anti-pvp. It makes it so a player shooting another player does no damage. It's worked fine until today when a player killed another player. They aren't able to kill another player all the time, but they were this time. In the ExileClient_object_player_event_onHandleDamage.sqf, this piece of code accomplishes this:

_amountOfDamage = 0;
    _amountOfDamage
};

The only change today was that I updated from Infistar 069a to 071. Did something change in 071 that might affect that code and cause it not to work some of the time? So far it appears there have been 2 instances where a player killed another player. An admin went on and tried it and couldn't kill anyone.

Would it be ok if I used this on our servers please?

Been looking for an anti pvp script for ages but gave up as I couldnt find one, the players keep asking for one too.

Cheers

4 hours ago, Razor77 said:

Would it be ok if I used this on our servers please?

Been looking for an anti pvp script for ages but gave up as I couldnt find one, the players keep asking for one too.

Cheers

Sure, but from what I've been told, it's not working with Infistar 071. Since my OP, I had one of my admins go on the server and do a test and apparently it's completely not working now. I confirmed the god mode check is set to false.

BTW, the antipvp script was discussed here: 

1 person likes this

Thanks betterthan, will take a look at that. Hopefully it will work again soon, will keep our admin free for a while if it did.  Thanks

15 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

_amountOfDamage = 0;
    _amountOfDamage
};

I will make sure the handler applies what you return as "_amountOfDamage" :)

1 hour ago, infiSTAR said:

I will make sure the handler applies what you return as "_amountOfDamage" :)

So this will be fixed in 072?

yes mate :)! (might forget to put the information about the changes in the change-log but it is already changed)

2 people like this

1 hour ago, infiSTAR said:

yes mate :)! (might forget to put the information about the changes in the change-log but it is already changed)

YES! You are the man, @infiSTAR !!!!

1 person likes this

Advertisement