Continuum

Tanoa: Decayed Edition

12 posts in this topic

Hi all, new to the forums but been playing Exile for a little while :)

Myself and a small dev team (3 of us in total) are proud to announce our latest product - Tanoa: Decayed Edition. As it stands at the moment, we have completed major overhauls of major towns and cities to have a similar feel to that of a true dilapidated wasteland. One of the highlights of the map however, is the Hashima Island developed by our level designer Smiffy.  We plan on integrating our complete map overhaul to a custom Exile community in the coming weeks, with this island containing PVP gameplay, AI missions and rare vehicle/weapon spawns. In anticipation to this, I have produced a short dramatic teaser to show off some of our work.

If this interests you, I invite you all to follow the progress on our Facebook page, with many screenshots and development updates coming soon! 

https://www.facebook.com/TanoaDecayedEdition/

Cheers!

107410_20170123144219_1.png

107410_20170123145253_1.png

15443154_357040654665261_3993477255430447709_o.jpg

15591315_360635810972412_8659986166739758603_o.jpg

Edited by Continuum
More pics!
6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for posting this, it looks phenomenal!!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
39 minutes ago, Continuum said:

Hi all, new to the forums but been playing Exile for a little while :)

Myself and a small dev team (3 of us in total) are proud to announce our latest product - Tanoa: Decayed Edition. As it stands at the moment, we have completed major overhauls of major towns and cities to have a similar feel to that of a true dilapidated wasteland. One of the highlights of the map however, is the Hashima Island developed by our level designer Smiffy.  We plan on integrating our complete map overhaul to a custom Exile community in the coming weeks, with this island containing PVP gameplay, AI missions and rare vehicle/weapon spawns. In anticipation to this, I have produced a short dramatic teaser to show off some of our work.

If this interests you, I invite you all to follow the progress on our Facebook page, with many screenshots and development updates coming soon! 

https://www.facebook.com/TanoaDecayedEdition/

Cheers!

107410_20170123144219_1.png

107410_20170123145253_1.png

15443154_357040654665261_3993477255430447709_o.jpg

15591315_360635810972412_8659986166739758603_o.jpg

Wow that looks realy great!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks visually, very appealing.

What concerns me is that, since Tanoa already is an extremely laggy map (comparatively), adding more polys and objects to it will render your artistry into a single player experience, or more of a slideshow with 50+ players. :/

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fingers crossed most of the problems client side with Tanoa will be better with x64 since they have issues with Lods and running out of mem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks amazing.... I haven't seen any word on timing for the first main branch release of the 64 bit version though... And then the fun starts... there are so many mods, addons, etc. that many of us use that no longer have support that will likely need some coding changes, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I gave Tanoa a try on a test box over Christmas but just couldn't recreate the feeling that Cherno or Esseker bring to the table. I also have some users on older hardware that REALLY struggled with FPS and they all went straight back to my Cherno server.

This project, in combination with the x64 A3 executables later this year, might just tip things over the edge for Tanoa as they all agreed it was a good design of map, just too system heavy and had the wrong feeling about it.

@Continuum Thanks for the efforts, I love the look and will be watching the development closely. Looking forward to playing on it one day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2017 at 9:52 PM, Tobias Solem said:

Looks visually, very appealing.

What concerns me is that, since Tanoa already is an extremely laggy map (comparatively), adding more polys and objects to it will render your artistry into a single player experience, or more of a slideshow with 50+ players. :/

Yep, a problem we anticipated from day one. On our end of developing it, all the additional assets are not simulation enabled and are converted to simple objects for minimal server and client impact. With the release of the 64 bit executable, (which I've trialed in Dev branch) , we will see a massive increase in performance and sustained framerate. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Continuum said:

 With the release of the 64 bit executable, (which I've trialed in Dev branch) , we will see a massive increase in performance and sustained framerate. 

Really? 

I ran Tanoa on it (without your mods ofc) and the only difference I saw was that the framerate was more stable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I broke it into 40 files (roughly one per city) and load  it all server-side using A3_Custom.  I didn't want it all in the mission file so people don't have to wait for a download.  Plus, breaking  it apart, I can thin it out much more easily if the frame rate drops too much with multiple players.  I got about 48fps without it.  Drops to 30 with ALL objects loaded.  But that's also with just me on the server.  I'm running 64 bit client, 32  bit server.  I'm not sure how much I'd gain by upgrading to the 64 bit server and extDB3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.