Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cross Hare

Cannot Join Server. Wrong Password Given

Question

Greetings - A newbie question from a newbie. I have now tried to join about 10 exile servers but everytime get the same response: "Cannot join server. Wrong password given". I have googled but not found an answer to this problem. Believe the last server I tried to join was Exile Tanoa.

I use Arma 3 Launcher and filter out servers which require a password so I am baffled as to why the password error happens. I understand the idea of matching the required addons to the server being connected to so there is no problem with that in my case.

The only clue I can come up with is that more than a year ago I set up a local edition of exile (LAN) and played that for awhile (me against AI using TADST etc.). It was passworded but if I remember correctly I got to set a new password everytime I played so don't think it was persistent (that is, registered in a file somewhere).

2 answers to this question

Double check the settings in Arma 3's launcher to be sure you don't have -password in the command line.

OK thanks for the tip. Have now looked at the A3 launcher log and see that A3 sends a password when it tries to join a server. Am now trying to find out which file has the password. I don't see a password when I click on the A3 launcher parameter list.

Advertisement