BaroN

Random Player Respect Reset

Question

Hi,

Does anyone else experience that sometimes player respect is reset to 0. In a case I have just investigated on our Tanoa server this happened to a player who logged out 6 minutes before our server restarted at 05:00 and then logged in when the server unlocked after the restart. As he logged in his respect was set to 0.

This appears to happen at random. Not all the time, not the same players and although relatively rare, seems to happen more on our Tanoa server than Altis but, does happen on both servers.

If the player notices it while at 0 and relogs, the respect comes back but, 95% of the time they don't notice it until later. Then as they get more respect while they haven't noticed, that relog option no longer works as the game has written the new value back to the database.

We have the server lock for the last 5 minutes before restarts using BEC, exile autokick 2 mins before restarts and unlock server when it's ready from the settings in exile_server_config config.cpp.

There are some old posts about this happening but, I haven't seen anything more recently. So, am wondering whether this is something we are all suffering and just working around by manually restoring the players' respect or, whether it's just me! ... o.O

Any feedback, greatly appreciated.

2 answers to this question

Just to  add to this....

Having spoken with the player in this example above, he said that he had killed some zombies with a Pawnee using it's minigun. So, this seems to ring some bells from an issue exile fixed a number of versions back...maybe 0.9.32...

Now have also narrowed this down further. It seems to only happen when killing zombies from SM_Zombz with any armed vehicle.

Advertisement