AbZurd

Adding mortars

Question

I obviously posted this in the wrong forum the first time, and for that I am sorry.

Hey, I'm trying to teach myself how to add stuff to the traders, and doing other maintenance. The point being that I have to do less of these nøøb posts ;)

First of all: We are running Exile, Enigma and DMS (with some added missions). This might be important information, I don't know.

So, I've depbo'ed the \mpmission\exile.altis.pbo, and edited the config.cpp.
I found the class names for standard ArmA mortars here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CfgVehicles_WEST
I added the weapon to the trader section "Light Machine Guns" (figured I'd move it when I got it working).
I also added the ammo for the mortar to the ammunition section of the trader.

This might be my first mistake? Maybe the mortar should be a vehicle?
And if so, how would I move the mortar once bought?

I had hoped that maybe it'd work like the HMG's, but don't see how I can accomplish that.

Any help on this topic is greatly appreciated. 

2 answers to this question

Any luck with this problem?  I've tried adding mortars in myself, but the pictures just show up white, and when I buy them, it takes the money but never gives the mortar.  Even if i place it in a vehicle.  They show up on the trader list, but that's about it.   I've added other things to traders with no issues, so I'm not to sure whats wrong.  

haven't tried it but I believe mortars are treated like vehicles not weapons, have you tried putting it on your vehicle trader?

Advertisement