Calex

DMS and Occupation Config Issues.

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I have a issue that maybe someone would be able to help me understand a bit more. I have searched the web for help and found nothing pertaining to this. So I have both DMS and Exile Occupation installed onto my dedicated server, after it is installed it worked flawlessly, however some people have bought to my attention the AI difficulty being insanely hard. I downloaded my exile.dms.pbo, unpacked it, then found the section where to change the attributes for the AI such as accuracy, aiming speed, etc. Then I edited them all to lower the values of easy, moderate, difficult, and hardcore but left static as it was. I then        repacked the PBO and uploaded to the server in the correct path. After restarting my server the AI does not spawn at all, the only exception being ZCP missions but they spawn with absolutely no gear, just in their   underwear, lol. So I reuploaded the original DMS pbo that I backed up and it worked again no issues! I then looked in the exile.occupation pbo and noticed that you can change the difficultly of the actual mission in each mission.sqf (lost battalion, beer n guns, etc.) although I did not alter them yet I am assuming that by doing that will likely lower the difficulty without causing issues. Are the AI attributes no to be messed with and am I supposed to alter the mission difficultly itself rather than the actual overall AI attributes? I just want to reach out to the community to see if I am understanding correctly.

 

Note* I was wondering if the AI attributes were one of those cases where all the stats have to equal to 100% or does that have nothing to do with it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I apologize for posting this in the wrong section, and also the mission SQFs for the mission are in the dms.pbo, not the occupation.pbo :-/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

these settings are found within the config.sqf file

Spoiler

	// https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/AI_Sub-skills#general
	DMS_ai_skill_static = [["aimingAccuracy",0.20],["aimingShake",0.70],["aimingSpeed",0.75],["spotDistance",0.70],["spotTime",0.50],["courage",1.00],["reloadSpeed",1.00],["commanding",1.00],["general",1.00]];	// Static AI Skills
	DMS_ai_skill_easy = [["aimingAccuracy",0.30],["aimingShake",0.50],["aimingSpeed",0.50],["spotDistance",0.50],["spotTime",0.50],["courage",1.00],["reloadSpeed",1.00],["commanding",1.00],["general",0.50]];	// Easy
	DMS_ai_skill_moderate = [["aimingAccuracy",0.60],["aimingShake",0.60],["aimingSpeed",0.60],["spotDistance",0.60],["spotTime",0.60],["courage",1.00],["reloadSpeed",1.00],["commanding",1.00],["general",0.60]];	// Moderate
	DMS_ai_skill_difficult = [["aimingAccuracy",0.70],["aimingShake",0.70],["aimingSpeed",0.70],["spotDistance",0.70],["spotTime",0.80],["courage",1.00],["reloadSpeed",1.00],["commanding",1.00],["general",0.70]]; 	// Difficult
	DMS_ai_skill_hardcore = [["aimingAccuracy",1.00],["aimingShake",1.00],["aimingSpeed",1.00],["spotDistance",1.00],["spotTime",1.00],["courage",1.00],["reloadSpeed",1.00],["commanding",1.00],["general",1.00]]; 	// Hardcore
	DMS_ai_skill_random = ["hardcore","difficult","difficult","difficult","moderate","moderate","moderate","moderate","easy","easy"];	// Skill frequencies for "random" AI skills | Default: 10% hardcore, 30% difficult, 40% moderate, and 20% easy
	DMS_ai_skill_randomDifficult = ["hardcore","hardcore","difficult","difficult","difficult"];	// 60% chance for "difficult", 40% chance for "hardcore" AI.
	DMS_ai_skill_randomEasy	= ["moderate","moderate","easy","easy","easy"];					// 60% chance for "easy", 40% chance for "moderate" AI.
	DMS_ai_skill_randomIntermediate	= ["difficult","difficult","moderate","moderate","moderate"];	// 60% chance for "moderate", 40% chance for "difficult" AI.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

On 1/30/2017 at 7:14 AM, tinboye said:

these settings are found within the config.sqf file

  Reveal hidden contents


	// https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/AI_Sub-skills#general
	DMS_ai_skill_static = [["aimingAccuracy",0.20],["aimingShake",0.70],["aimingSpeed",0.75],["spotDistance",0.70],["spotTime",0.50],["courage",1.00],["reloadSpeed",1.00],["commanding",1.00],["general",1.00]];	// Static AI Skills
	DMS_ai_skill_easy = [["aimingAccuracy",0.30],["aimingShake",0.50],["aimingSpeed",0.50],["spotDistance",0.50],["spotTime",0.50],["courage",1.00],["reloadSpeed",1.00],["commanding",1.00],["general",0.50]];	// Easy
	DMS_ai_skill_moderate = [["aimingAccuracy",0.60],["aimingShake",0.60],["aimingSpeed",0.60],["spotDistance",0.60],["spotTime",0.60],["courage",1.00],["reloadSpeed",1.00],["commanding",1.00],["general",0.60]];	// Moderate
	DMS_ai_skill_difficult = [["aimingAccuracy",0.70],["aimingShake",0.70],["aimingSpeed",0.70],["spotDistance",0.70],["spotTime",0.80],["courage",1.00],["reloadSpeed",1.00],["commanding",1.00],["general",0.70]]; 	// Difficult
	DMS_ai_skill_hardcore = [["aimingAccuracy",1.00],["aimingShake",1.00],["aimingSpeed",1.00],["spotDistance",1.00],["spotTime",1.00],["courage",1.00],["reloadSpeed",1.00],["commanding",1.00],["general",1.00]]; 	// Hardcore
	DMS_ai_skill_random = ["hardcore","difficult","difficult","difficult","moderate","moderate","moderate","moderate","easy","easy"];	// Skill frequencies for "random" AI skills | Default: 10% hardcore, 30% difficult, 40% moderate, and 20% easy
	DMS_ai_skill_randomDifficult = ["hardcore","hardcore","difficult","difficult","difficult"];	// 60% chance for "difficult", 40% chance for "hardcore" AI.
	DMS_ai_skill_randomEasy	= ["moderate","moderate","easy","easy","easy"];					// 60% chance for "easy", 40% chance for "moderate" AI.
	DMS_ai_skill_randomIntermediate	= ["difficult","difficult","moderate","moderate","moderate"];	// 60% chance for "moderate", 40% chance for "difficult" AI.

 

 

That is exactly what you are editing.

Open your DMS pbo. 

Open the Config.sqf file with notepad++

Assuming default and you have not added / removed lines - you are looking for
LINE 395 - 399 to edit the accuracy etc of the AI depending on mission difficulty.

Example
 

Spoiler

16487680_10154296528177596_3811809154212

You will also note you can edit the actual default class's to include complete custom
load outs .

 

Spoiler

16402607_10154296562772596_8992368614757

16402556_10154296564767596_6908603837329

Thus my mission AI look as follows.

 

Spoiler

21F9AA7BF6A912BECDEAFBFBD801F3FFBDE87A55assault

7EA3DA516D5B137101EA66ABFF2F21E153F4CE8C Machine Gunner

Hope that helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.