Eichi

Base and Vehicle Lock Security?

Please vote :)   936 members have voted

1. 1. Introduce code lock levels and brute force gadgets?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

51 posts in this topic

So in real life, hackers use infrared cameras to identify which buttons were last pushed on locks such as these.  Residual heat from the finger remains on the buttons that were pressed.  I think this could be an interesting possibility in exile.  Make a camera type device that will show the 4 digits used in the pin code for X amount of time after the lock was used, maybe like 5-10 minutes.  I know that is a long time vs. reality but needs to be fairly long for gameplay.   After the 4 digits are retrieved it is then up to the player to determine what the correct number sequence is to figure out the actual pin number, as the infrared camera won't tell you the pin sequence, just the 4 digits.   I think implementation may be easy.  Just have the "camera device" in inventory then walk up to a lock, if it is within 5-10 minutes of use there can be a scroll wheel option to read the pin digits.    I could see players staking out bases and waiting for the owner to leave or return to lock up, then attempting to sneak to the door to try to get the pin code numbers.  Once you are inside the base you may or may not be able to loot vehicles and other locked items depending upon which locks were used recently.   I think this could work for 4 digit pins, seems like it'd be very tough for longer pins though. 

Edited by Bullitthead

For my opinion raiding bases whose owners are offline or in combat is a poor practice. As a compromise may you can add buyable "code hacking tools" and options to upgrade code locks to be more secure (payable with respect maybe) so server owners who don´t want base raiding just can remove the "code hacking tools" from the traders or mission loot.

1 person likes this

Advertisement

If your not seriously careful you are gonna fuck shit up...

If you do not make the gadget one time use then you have to balance the value of basically everything in a giant base including vehicles, safes etc. VS the cost of the gadget.  Really the value of everything on the map. Time means little to me in terms of cracking a code as I play off hours and a reusable gadget with the potential to unlock every base, vehicle and safe on the map would be giving me the keys to everything.  With a little time and nothing but a gadget I can break in and use people's own vehicles to steal and sell every item they have.

It would certainly make me feel that a base is not safe and therefore pointless.  Why store stuff that will probably get stolen when I can sell it to the trader and just buy stuff as I need.  Yes it would be more expensive but the trade zone would become my "base" because I wouldn't bother building.  This would also apply to vehicles and I would just sell them when I am done for the day and buy them again when I log back on. 

I have seen this happen in other mods so please consider what you are doing carefully and don't make all the work that goes into base building become a liability instead of an asset.

9 people like this

Hi i'm new here. This mod looks so epic, can't wait to test it ;) Love how the community is in here, voting for features. Can't do it better than that if you want to please the player. Just as for this idea i say yes, but i don't know, are there like Safes? Like in arma 2 dayz mod 'ishh ? and tents? Then tents could have codelocks, but safes shouldn't be opened i think. I don't know, maybe it should. Or a way for the server to enable or disable safe cracking B|

If your not seriously careful you are gonna fuck shit up...

If you do not make the gadget one time use then you have to balance the value of basically everything in a giant base including vehicles, safes etc. VS the cost of the gadget.  Really the value of everything on the map. Time means little to me in terms of cracking a code as I play off hours and a reusable gadget with the potential to unlock every base, vehicle and safe on the map would be giving me the keys to everything.  With a little time and nothing but a gadget I can break in and use people's own vehicles to steal and sell every item they have.

It would certainly make me feel that a base is not safe and therefore pointless.  Why store stuff that will probably get stolen when I can sell it to the trader and just buy stuff as I need.  Yes it would be more expensive but the trade zone would become my "base" because I wouldn't bother building.  This would also apply to vehicles and I would just sell them when I am done for the day and buy them again when I log back on. 

I have seen this happen in other mods so please consider what you are doing carefully and don't make all the work that goes into base building become a liability instead of an asset.

Your base isn't meant to be safe, its EXILE, a bloody tent is what everyone should have, not a castle.

If the locks are godlike, whats the point in raiding other than to troll players? allowing the "Chance" to break in will change gampelay mechanics for the better and not worse.

the server I host, even though its a PVP server, they have all banded together due to the AI difficulty, but there is a one rouge group, this addition will add an extra threat, which in my eyes is needed. 

if your scared of loosing your stuff, then hide the base better. simple.

I plan to run around with tents at certain locations stashed in bushes. Think outside the box. its not a building sandbox but a survival.

1 person likes this

I sort of like the idea, but a problem that will definitely occur when you introduce a feature like this is that a lot of players will just use (reinforced) walls in front of their doors to block the entrance instead.

I sort of like the idea, but a problem that will definitely occur when you introduce a feature like this is that a lot of players will just use (reinforced) walls in front of their doors to block the entrance instead.

Thats good base preparation, there is nothing wrong with upgrading, 

as long as there is always a slight chance of yes i can get in, you'll be fine, people need to not stress. 

having a 5% chance of access is still better than 0. 

Your base isn't meant to be safe, its EXILE, a bloody tent is what everyone should have, not a castle.

If the locks are godlike, whats the point in raiding other than to troll players? allowing the "Chance" to break in will change gampelay mechanics for the better and not worse.

the server I host, even though its a PVP server, they have all banded together due to the AI difficulty, but there is a one rouge group, this addition will add an extra threat, which in my eyes is needed. 

if your scared of loosing your stuff, then hide the base better. simple.

I plan to run around with tents at certain locations stashed in bushes. Think outside the box. its not a building sandbox but a survival.

Then why have base building at all? 

It's nice you have a way you like to play.  To bad you don't realize the game isn't just made for you.

Then why have base building at all? 

It's nice you have a way you like to play.  To bad you don't realize the game isn't just made for you.

I think you read my reply wrong? I'm not attacking you at all? nor do i think this was soley made for me? Relax ya flaps and embrace what exile is. 

Advertisement