Eichi

Base and Vehicle Lock Security?

Please vote :)   945 members have voted

1. 1. Introduce code lock levels and brute force gadgets?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

51 posts in this topic

I agree that whatever is implemented should only allow raiding while the base owner is online.  It would also be great if the owner was notified via xm8 or some type of alert that the base was being raided.  Logging off and coming back to an empty base wouldn't be fun.

1 person likes this

Here are my thoughts. Make something like soft skills like in dayz.  Allow the player to buy a laptop to hack key pads.  When starting learning to hack your chance to fail would be high. Also time to hack would be long.  I say start it at like 20 mins with an 80 % chance to fail.  The more you do keypad hacks the chance to fail will lower and time to finish the hack.  

Make the soft skills a new rank that could be lost on death.  Allow the server owners to be able to set this all up in the config.   Ranks of soft skills.  If they loose ranks on death.  As the mod is now you real do not loose anything on death.  Maybe make the skills be linked to the laptop.  If killed another player could pick it up and use it.  Need some kind of real risk of dieing

4 people like this

Advertisement

I like these ideas...but a lock out?

Lets be real here people...we have generators, we have electric cables...why not require both to make the Electronic lock system work..and also have a defence mechanism...3 failed attempts.. you get an electric shock 50% hp gone! 5 Failed...RIP you.

R.

4 people like this

I like these ideas...but a lock out?

Lets be real here people...we have generators, we have electric cables...why not require both to make the Electronic lock system work..and also have a defence mechanism...3 failed attempts.. you get an electric shock 50% hp gone! 5 Failed...RIP you.

R.

I do like the idea of consequences of failed attempts! 

I think i saw in one of there recent streams a WARNING system for when you are online, from memory.  

Edited by William =D
1 person likes this

I like the thermal imaging thing, but you should be able to add a super duper expensive thumb print scanner, a way around this would be to kill the owner of the scanner and if you have a knife then you would get the ability to chop off their thumbs. These would then go into the inventory (it would also be cool if you could rename objects ex. XxRandomgamerxX's thumb) where you can sell it to someone or raid their base with it. You may be thinking this would be too op but there should be either a timer or a number of uses on each thumb to limit the amount of doors and containers you could get into.

im not a scripter so I don't know if this is possible . I just thought that would be nifty

1 person likes this

I like the thermal imaging thing, but you should be able to add a super duper expensive thumb print scanner, a way around this would be to kill the owner of the scanner and if you have a knife then you would get the ability to chop off their thumbs. These would then go into the inventory (it would also be cool if you could rename objects ex. XxRandomgamerxX's thumb) where you can sell it to someone or raid their base with it. You may be thinking this would be too op but there should be either a timer or a number of uses on each thumb to limit the amount of doors and containers you could get into.

im not a scripter so I don't know if this is possible . I just thought that would be nifty

Umm...seriously I think you may need some help...

1 person likes this

Definitely longer PIN codes. I guessed an entire group's PIN code, getting over 80k worth of gear, because it is so short. RIP for them.

I have thought about it, and brute force code locks or whatever would be fine if they were expensive and had a high fail rate.

Whichever way this is implemented, it should have some sort of method that ensures that the owner is (or recently was) online. Brute-force door cracking is just cheap and unrealistic; Any method to "crack" the base should only work when the owner is online or recently accessed the door/safe.

3 people like this

I don't get everyone's gang up with the owner being online. Since when to criminals have to rob you when your near home! Most people get robbed while away on holidays or at work. Criminals are not honerable and exile is about criminals. Embrace the risk. No risk no reward. I agree with eichis plans entirely. I also believe that something similar to hacking skills could be added as soft skills. Gives value to a players life. Makes you think twice if you migh die and lose your extra sharp abilities such as hacking. 

2 people like this

Advertisement