TroyT

Mods not loading in server / A3Launcer

Question

I have a few mods on my server that are not being recognized as required by A3Launcher and aren't being loaded by the client.  I have check signatures set to 2 in both the Arma3 and the Exile server configs.  The keys are all present. I've queried the server on the A3Launcher site a couple of times over 24 hours hoping it would update.

The mods in question are MAS, CUP Maps/Terrains, & United States Air Force.

The list of mods on the server are:

Spoiler

@Exile;@Ryanzombies

;@CBA_A3;@CUP_Terrains_Core

;@CUP_Terrains_Maps

;@RHSAFRF

;@RHSGREF

;@RHSUSAF;

@AdvancedSlingLoading

;@AdvancedTowing

;@Extended_Base_Mod

;@Arma Enhanced Movement

;@NATO_Rus_Vehicle

;@NATO_Rus_Weapons

;@AdvancedRappelling

;@AdvancedUrbanRappelling

;@CUP_Vehicles;@USAF

They are all currently loaded as client-side in the command line and none of them are listed in the mission.sqm.  I experimented with placing the mass stuff ("mas_nw_rifle","mas_ru_rifle",etc...) in the mission file  in addOns[]={"exile_client","a3_map_altis"}, but got an error in the RTP (unable to play due to missing content - paraphrased obviously) and the server went into a loop.  This is an area that I need to know more about.  I'm not sure which, if any, of the above mods should be on the server-side in the command line.

I have a test server  with "verify signatures" off. I can load them in manually and they show up in the trader lists but when I try to buy one I get error 13 (Cannot find suitable position to spawn vehicle).  If I try to spawn them in via admin console nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Edited by TroyT
Clarification

9 answers to this question

How are you launching your server, and do you have the mods declared in your start.bat?

The server is hosted by QGS and I use their web interface for starting/stopping the server.  I also use their command line tool to edit the CL.  This is actual the first time I've even heard of the start.bat and I'm feeling a bit silly for having to say that.

Advertisement

I use FileZilla (FTP) to manage the files on the server, not the QGS File Manager.

If the start.bat file is supposed to be located withing the main directory of the server I can't find it.  I have a complete mirror on my home system and did a search with no results.

start.bat is another saying for command line. Did you Query your server through A3Launcher?

It resolved itself.  It just took about 12 hours for A3Launcher to update.

I'm not at my computer now but there's a button that takes you to a site that will verify a server.  You input the IP address and listening port.  If it returns green/success, it generally will update in less than 30 minutes.

Thanks for the response. That's what I had been doing, but it took about 12 hours to update. It's resolved now. 

Advertisement