Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RoganROI

Exile EDICT Developer Recruitment

5 posts in this topic

Hi there, we over at EDICT are looking for experienced developers to help us with out project! We are looking for people in all fields but particularly programmers and scripters. 

If you would like to learn more then send me a PM and we can get a line of communication open.

Exile-Edict-Draf2t.png

Advertisement

One thing Edict 2.0 has going for it is that it's a sanctioned use of the Exile code. From what I could tell, eXpoch wasn't really formally approved.

Further to that, Edict is a very different gaming experience compared to vanilla Exile right?  A bit like Exile Reborn was trying to do but this is on a FAR more heavily modified level.... TBH, I'll be interested to give it a go if you get Edict 2.0 migrated to the Exile codebase.

The different beetwen Edict and Expoch is

Edict have the permission too use the code.

The guy from Expoch do not ask an Exile dev or Epoch dev too do that. I have speak about that with eichi and he know nothing about this project. So dont give a shit too Expoch.

And Helping Edict moving forward!

@RoganROI

I have try do get an account on your website but all mail adresses from never got an email for the authenfication. I have seen the Edict work without Exile and it was Really nice, and i think with Edict 2.0 and the Exile framework your make fantastic work again. If you need any help too moving forward i will helping where ever i can.

2 people like this

11 hours ago, RoganROI said:

Hi there, we over at EDICT are looking for experienced developers to help us with out project! We are looking for people in all fields but particularly programmers and scripters. 

If you would like to learn more then send me a PM and we can get a line of communication open.

Exile-Edict-Draf2t.png

Good luck my friend, i wish you luck in your wild adventures with ArmA, and all the bullshit ahead. :)

11 hours ago, Crazy Mike said:

youll get some pushback like expoch did

iirc, DirtySanchez didn't ask for permission to combine Epoch, and Exile. 

Epoch's license conflicts with Exile's license, and vise versa.

And ExPoch isn't a mod, it's a server pack, with bunch of scripts (some stolen (not going into detail)) thrown together. 

6 hours ago, Sgt. ScrapMetal said:

The different beetwen Edict and Expoch is

Edict have the permission too use the code.

The guy from Expoch do not ask an Exile dev or Epoch dev too do that. I have speak about that with Eichi and he know nothing about this project. So dont give a shit too Expoch.

And Helping Edict moving forward!

@RoganROI

I have try do get an account on your website but all mail address from never got an email for the authentication. I have seen the Edict work without Exile and it was Really nice, and i think with Edict 2.0 and the Exile framework your make fantastic work again. If you need any help too moving forward i will helping where ever i can.

So he didn't ask for permission first, heh.

IIRC, Edict is desolation, just re-uploaded and called Edict, right?

I'm happy to see people actually using this as a framework, There are many frameworks out there (like Epoch). Exile gives you a lot of room to add tons of content to, when Epoch, already has a ton of content, with notice to very little details.

in the end, this is a recruitment page, not a "let's talk shit about a this mod that hasn't even released / seen anything from yet, and compare it to something that didn't have permission and was thrown together called 'mod'" page. 

(I'm not here to talk shit, so don't bother replying to me with bullshit)

Edited by StokesMagee
6 people like this

Advertisement