AbZurd

Pressing P does nothing

Question

Hi,

I think this is serverside, if not, I'm sorry.

I recently migrated all serverdata from one physical machine to another (more powerful) machine.
Had a few hiccups that I've managed to iron out using google and this forum (great help, btw!).

One issue eludes me though.
On the old server, we could press P and get kill stats. A nice little overview that would reset at each server restart.
However, on the new server, nothing happens when pressing P.

I tried playing on the old server and the kill stats work on that machine. And I can't find anything on forums and/or google. Please advise.

We are running Exile 1.0.2 with DMS, ExtendedBaseMod and Enigma.
If you need any more info to help resolve this, just ask. I'm happy to provide it.

7 answers to this question

On 2/13/2017 at 6:40 PM, AbZurd said:

Hi,

I think this is serverside, if not, I'm sorry.

I recently migrated all serverdata from one physical machine to another (more powerful) machine.
Had a few hiccups that I've managed to iron out using google and this forum (great help, btw!).

One issue eludes me though.
On the old server, we could press P and get kill stats. A nice little overview that would reset at each server restart.
However, on the new server, nothing happens when pressing P.

I tried playing on the old server and the kill stats work on that machine. And I can't find anything on forums and/or google. Please advise.

We are running Exile 1.0.2 with DMS, ExtendedBaseMod and Enigma.
If you need any more info to help resolve this, just ask. I'm happy to provide it.

If it's this:

statsScreen9.gif

then add:

scoretable = 1; // Enables the scoreboard functionality in MP

into this: 

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.armaprofile

You can find this file, via the -profiles=blah launch option, going to that folder/users/blah/blah.armaprofile

Edited by StokesMagee
3 people like this

5 hours ago, AbZurd said:

I've just tried using my client %username%.armaprofile as server profile, no change.
I also tried using the standard sc.armaprofile, but adding the netstats=1; to that, and no change.

Anything else I can try?

in the root of your arma server, there should be a folder called "SC" go into it, navigation SC/users/SC/SC.armaprofile

Just adding it isn't going to work, you have to create a custom difficulty. 

add this to that file: 

difficulty="Custom";
class DifficultyPresets
{
	class CustomDifficulty
	{
		class Options
		{
			groupIndicators=2;
			friendlyTags=0;
			enemyTags=0;
			detectedMines=0;
			commands=0;
			waypoints=2;
			weaponInfo=2;
			stanceIndicator=0;
			reducedDamage=0;
			staminaBar=0;
			weaponCrosshair=1;
			visionAid=0;
			thirdPersonView=1;
			cameraShake=1;
			scoreTable=1;
			deathMessages=0;
			vonID=1;
			mapContent=0;
			autoReport=0;
			multipleSaves=0;
		};
		aiLevelPreset=2;
	};
	class CustomAILevel
	{
		skillAI=1;
		precisionAI=0;
	};
};

then go into your server.cfg and change difficulty to:

difficulty = "Custom";

Edited by StokesMagee

Advertisement
45 minutes ago, AbZurd said:

Alright, added the custom difficulty. And changed the C:\Arma\Server\config\server.cfg as per your instructions.
It still doesn't show up though. 

1. I can't see that you have netstats=1; in the Custom difficulty. Should it be in the class, or outside? I have tried both, but it still has no effect.

2. I see that it is also possible to change the difficulty in the C:\Arma\Server\@ExileServer\config.cfg (even though it says I shouldn't). But is this where I should've changed?

I really appreciate your help mate!

You have to change the config.cfg difficulty for the custom difficulty to work. and netstats is the old name of it, now it's scoretable 

Alrighty, Thanks for quick reply!

Unfortunately, that file does not exist on my server machine.
And I can't seem to find it on the old machine either (even when viewing hidden files). Then again, the old machine has serious HDD issues, which is the reason for migration.

But how would I go ahead?
Should I just try to create this server.armaprofile file, and make it like so:

netstats=1;

Or would I need to have more in the file? I have looked at the examples in the link you provided, and there seems to be a need for more than this...

I found the file on the client I am playing from (%username%.armaprofile), can I copy this to the server and rename it server.armaprofile?

I just noted that the .bat file included with the Exile installation includes the "-profiles=SC" option, and that there is a .armaprofile file in the SC directory.
It looks like this:

version=1;
blood=1;
singleVoice=0;
gamma=1;
brightness=1;
maxSamplesPlayed=96;
sceneComplexity=400000;
shadowZDistance=100;
viewDistance=1000;
preferredObjectViewDistance=800;
terrainGrid=25;
volumeCD=10;
volumeFX=10;
volumeSpeech=10;
volumeVoN=10;
vonRecThreshold=0.029999999;

Could I just add netstat=1; to that file?

I've just tried using my client %username%.armaprofile as server profile, no change.
I also tried using the standard sc.armaprofile, but adding the netstats=1; to that, and no change.

Anything else I can try?

Alright, added the custom difficulty. And changed the C:\Arma\Server\config\server.cfg as per your instructions.
It still doesn't show up though. 

1. I can't see that you have netstats=1; in the Custom difficulty. Should it be in the class, or outside? I have tried both, but it still has no effect.

2. I see that it is also possible to change the difficulty in the C:\Arma\Server\@ExileServer\config.cfg (even though it says I shouldn't). But is this where I should've changed?

I really appreciate your help mate!

Advertisement