• 1
moto7198712

Does anyone know how to remove the blurry vision from rad zone?

Question

Hey how's it going can anyone help me out with the blurry vision and color removal from radiation zone !?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 answers to this question

  • 1
22 minutes ago, moto7198712 said:

Hey how's it going can anyone help me out with the blurry vision and color removal from radiation zone !?

If you're trying to get rid of all visual effects of radiation but leave the physical effects you could just write an overwrite of ExileClient_system_radiation_initialize and comment out the effects being called.

 

//ExilePostProcessing_RadiationChroma = ppEffectCreate ["ChromAberration",205];
//ExilePostProcessing_RadiationColor = ppEffectCreate ["ColorCorrections",1505];
//ExilePostProcessing_RadiationFilm = ppEffectCreate ["FilmGrain",2005];

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
  • 1
6 hours ago, JayPaypers said:

I know this is an old post. but ive been trying to figure this out for awhile now and am getting nowhere. Commenting out those lines in an overwrite leads down a path of errors, mainly in the ExileClient_system_radiation_event_onPlayerDied.sqf and ExileClient_system_radiation_thread_update.sqf.

Im not familiar enough with how the game handles post processing, and while I can "successfully" remove the visual effect and leave the damage while inside the rad zone, I get a slew of script errors while in the zone in the thread update script i mentioned above.  

Have you gotten an overwrite like this to work? Any help would be much appreciated :)

I never played around with it, it was to point him in the direction of where to start. But if it's throwing errors at you when removing those lines, you can try another approach of turning the effects off by changing tire to false like it's declared in onPlayerDead.

So in ExileClient_system_radiation_initialize we would alter lines 16, 20, & 24 so that they read false removing all visual changes.

ExilePostProcessing_RadiationChroma ppEffectEnable false;
ExilePostProcessing_RadiationColor ppEffectEnable false;
ExilePostProcessing_RadiationFilm ppEffectEnable false;

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1
1 hour ago, JayPaypers said:

that didnt seem to work. No errors, but the screen still gets the ppEffect in the rad zone. When I combine this with commenting out the ppEffectCreation I get the errors again, but i dont get the ppEffect. So i think the issue lies in telling the ExileClient_system_radiation_thread_update.sqf to not apply the post processing, since its creation is being commented out in the ExileClient_system_radiation_initialize.sqf.

Ive tried commenting out the section inExileClient_system_radiation_thread_update.sqf, and again it removes the ppEffect but I still get errors. 

Any ideas? Also I really do appreciate the help with this man! :D 

The only other file I see it being enabled in is the ExileClient_system_radiation_event_onPlayerSpawned.sqf so you could just take the same steps and apply them to that as an overwrite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 2/17/2017 at 8:11 PM, Beowulfv said:

If you're trying to get rid of all visual effects of radiation but leave the physical effects you could just write an overwrite of ExileClient_system_radiation_initialize and comment out the effects being called.

 


//ExilePostProcessing_RadiationChroma = ppEffectCreate ["ChromAberration",205];
//ExilePostProcessing_RadiationColor = ppEffectCreate ["ColorCorrections",1505];
//ExilePostProcessing_RadiationFilm = ppEffectCreate ["FilmGrain",2005];

 

I know this is an old post. but ive been trying to figure this out for awhile now and am getting nowhere. Commenting out those lines in an overwrite leads down a path of errors, mainly in the ExileClient_system_radiation_event_onPlayerDied.sqf and ExileClient_system_radiation_thread_update.sqf.

Im not familiar enough with how the game handles post processing, and while I can "successfully" remove the visual effect and leave the damage while inside the rad zone, I get a slew of script errors while in the zone in the thread update script i mentioned above.  

Have you gotten an overwrite like this to work? Any help would be much appreciated :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
21 hours ago, Beowulfv said:

I never played around with it, it was to point him in the direction of where to start. But if it's throwing errors at you when removing those lines, you can try another approach of turning the effects off by changing tire to false like it's declared in onPlayerDead.

So in ExileClient_system_radiation_initialize we would alter lines 16, 20, & 24 so that they read false removing all visual changes.


ExilePostProcessing_RadiationChroma ppEffectEnable false;
ExilePostProcessing_RadiationColor ppEffectEnable false;
ExilePostProcessing_RadiationFilm ppEffectEnable false;

 

that didnt seem to work. No errors, but the screen still gets the ppEffect in the rad zone. When I combine this with commenting out the ppEffectCreation I get the errors again, but i dont get the ppEffect. So i think the issue lies in telling the ExileClient_system_radiation_thread_update.sqf to not apply the post processing, since its creation is being commented out in the ExileClient_system_radiation_initialize.sqf.

Ive tried commenting out the section inExileClient_system_radiation_thread_update.sqf, and again it removes the ppEffect but I still get errors. 

Any ideas? Also I really do appreciate the help with this man! :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
9 hours ago, Beowulfv said:

The only other file I see it being enabled in is the ExileClient_system_radiation_event_onPlayerSpawned.sqf so you could just take the same steps and apply them to that as an overwrite.

this did it ! No need to comment anything out, just set the ppEffectEnable options to false!

thank you very much for the help man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.