Vergy

Command Line is driving me nuts

7 posts in this topic

Can someone help me with the command line? Like what mods go where, I know the line needs to be like ex:

@blaa_blaa;@stuff;@this_is_hard;       -----------------> But this website has different places to put mods and its confusing me.

My mods so far are all the RHS mods and CUP mods plus CBA_A3. Now I also have these two (@ExileServer;@Exile) which I assume goes in the "server mod" section or do they go on the same line as the rest of the mods? also do I check off the "auto initializing" and "file patching"?

This website is really confusing me.

Screenshot_1.jpg 

Thanks guys.

Edited by Vergy

in mod u add : @Exile; and ur RHS & CUP & CBA

in server mod u add : @ExileServer; and if u have infistar or admintoolkit u add it to this list

the other options they good dont touch them

1 person likes this

Advertisement
36 minutes ago, Hakimos said:

in mod u add : @Exile; and ur RHS & CUP & CBA

in server mod u add : @ExileServer; and if u have infistar or admintoolkit u add it to this list

the other options they good dont touch them

Thank you!

Just always remember, anything you place within -servermod will only be required by the server and these mods will not show to the client(player) in the arma 3 server browser.

If you ever add a mod to the commandline and it contains any spaces, you need to make sure it displays as "-servermod=@exileserver;" or "-mod=@CUP Terrains Core;"

if your commandline does not have " " around each set then your mods with spaces will not work.

59 minutes ago, tinboye said:

Just always remember, anything you place within -servermod will only be required by the server and these mods will not show to the client(player) in the arma 3 server browser.

If you ever add a mod to the commandline and it contains any spaces, you need to make sure it displays as "-servermod=@exileserver;" or "-mod=@CUP Terrains Core;"

if your commandline does not have " " around each set then your mods with spaces will not work.

I don't understand at all lol

Hello Vergy,

-servermod=xyz - This means ONLY THE SERVER will use/run these listed mods -PERIOD

-mod=abc - This means the SERVER AND THE CLIENT will use/run these listed mods.

If the mod you are using is named abcxyz then use:  -servermod=abcxyz OR -mod=abcxyz

If the mod you are using is named 'abc xyz' then use:  "-servermod=abc xyz" OR "-mod=abc xyz"

No spaces in mod name = No quotes

Spaces in mod name = Quotes

:)

LOL, when you log into arma 3, and click multiplayer and browse for servers available. you will notice next to each server, either a green dot, red dot or a green dot with a ? over it, or a key icon etc,

if you click on a server at the bottom right you will see the required mods for that server.

If you have @exileserver within your -mod= then players are going to see that in the list of mods required.

but if you place @exileserver under -servermod  then this is hidden from players on that list.

the 2nd part I mentioned, this part is controlled by who you host with, unless your hosting on your own box.

seeing your screenshot, i see your with tcadmin.

so depending on how they setup the commandline.

your commandline would look something like:

start "Arma3" /min /wait "arma3server.exe" -ip=94.23.252.71 -port=2302 -cfg=@ExileServer\basic.cfg -config=@ExileServer\config.cfg -profiles=exileprofile -name=exileprofile "-servermod=@ExileServer;" "-mod=@Exile;@CUP_Terrains_Core;@CUP_Terrains_Maps;@CUP_Units;@CUP_Vehicles;@CUP_Weapons;@CUP_CWA;@Arma_Enhanced_Movement;@Extended_Base_Mod;@RDS_Civilian_Pack;@Ryanzombies;@RZInfection_for_Exile;@CBA_A3;" -world=empty -noPause -noSound -AutoInit

start "Arma3" /min /wait "arma3server.exe" -ip=94.23.252.71 -port=2302 -cfg=@ExileServer\basic.cfg -config=@ExileServer\config.cfg -profiles=exileprofile -name=exileprofile "-servermod=@ExileServer;" "-mod=@Exile;@CUP_Terrains_Core;@CUP_Terrains_Maps;@CUP_Units;@CUP_Vehicles;@CUP_Weapons;@CUP_CWA;@Arma_Enhanced_Movement;@Extended_Base_Mod;@RDS_Civilian_Pack;@Ryanzombies;@RZInfection_for_Exile;@CBA_A3;" -world=empty -noPause -noSound -AutoInit

if you notice there, it shows,

"-mod=@Exile;@CUP_Terrains_Core;@CUP_Terrains_Maps;...

If your host did not provide " before and after the -mod= and if you were to add your own mods to your server via FTP,

and say 1 of  the mods you uploaded was a folder called @Cup Terrains - Core

and if you were to just place -mod=@Cup Terrains - Core; within the commandline and not provide " before and after, the servers rpt will return errors that it could not load the mod.

so if your host does not provide " then you would have to rename the folder from @Cup Terrains - Core to @CUP_Terrains_Core  or something like that.

In tcadmin if you click on service settings, you will see a section

Ax5KSKH.png

depending on your permissions.

otherwise under commandline manager, it should show what your commandline would look like

-ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -port=2302 -noPause -noSound "-cfg=A3DS\basic.cfg" -ranking="" -par="" "-config=A3DS\server.cfg" "-profiles=A3DS" "-servermod=@Exileserver;" "-mod=@Exile;@Cup Terrains - Core;" -malloc=system -enableHT -world=empty -maxMem=6144

so if your command like looked like

-ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -port=2302 -noPause -noSound "-cfg=A3DS\basic.cfg" -ranking="" -par="" "-config=A3DS\server.cfg" "-profiles=A3DS" -servermod=@Exileserver; -mod=@Exile;@Cup Terrains - Core; -malloc=system -enableHT -world=empty -maxMem=6144

note there is no " around -servermod and -mod

this would not work.

Advertisement