Prophayne

Vehicle simulation disabled, can't find in configs where to enable it.

Question

Sorry for a repeat thread, but questions were not being answered in the threads already existing. I've had my server running for about 5 weeks now and everything's been fine. Two days ago the server stopped letting people in vehicles or place things or remove them from player made crates. To make this absolutely clear, this isn't server lag, it's running around 25-30 server fps, and our ping is 20-30. It is also not a database issue, we changed nothing in the database and we can change our inventories and build bases, as well change to our respect and tabs with it all saving. Research has brought me to conclude the things registered as vehicles are having an enableSimulation bug, and there is a config or file within exile/exileserver that I can enable this from. For the life of me I cannot find the location to change this setting. 

Would someone one please please be kind enough to point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Prophayne

9 answers to this question

Are you using any dynamic simulation fixes? Are you using Occupation?

1 person likes this

@kuplion

We are using dms and occupation, I also think it has to do with one of them because the problem started after I dropped a3xai in favor of occupation, so I amped its patrols a bit. Reverting did not solve it though. I am using a script I found in one of the threads and people are now able to get in vehicle while the server is running, but everything (vehicles and vehicle crates/inventories) reverts back to when the bug first started occurring on restart. 

Edited by Prophayne

Advertisement

I guess I should also note I was using both since the server started, bug did not occur until I changed the configs to add 2 more missions on startup, and added some vehicle class names to occupations patrols

So this is probably the direction you are taking me in, but I removed occupation and it works now. Something must have updated recently that broke occupation.

50 minutes ago, Prophayne said:

So this is probably the direction you are taking me in, but I removed occupation and it works now. Something must have updated recently that broke occupation.

Correct. It appears that a recent Arma update has caused Occupation to stop containers and vehicles working correctly.

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Prophayne said:

Well, thanks for the help anyway man I guess I'll just sit on my hands and wait now.

I wouldn't hold your breath. The author of Occupation has left the Arma scene, hence no more bug fixes.

Personally I moved back to A3XAI.

Have you managed to get that working with a headless? For whatever reason mine was denying it, but the FuMS and Vemfr headless work fine.

12 minutes ago, Prophayne said:

Have you managed to get that working with a headless? For whatever reason mine was denying it, but the FuMS and Vemfr headless work fine.

I haven't tried yet. I may look at setting one up though to test it.

Advertisement