Qthegamer

[SOLVED] Did I do this right? *First time trying*

15 posts in this topic

The error started after a first clean install of infiSTAR.  There is a possibility of having the filters in the wrong location.  Here is my command line so other mod conflicts can be ruled out.

Spoiler

commandline.png

The installation instructions read as follows:

Spoiler

07. Copy the BattleyeFilters from "infiSTAR.de_Exile\BattleEye" over into your Battleye folder on the Server.
    Be sure to copy them into the correct folder (FYI: that folder will also be where you will find *FILTERNAME*.log files of Battleye).
    If Battleye causes you trouble, scroll down this readme and read the guide(s) or use one of the tools.
    I am not affiliated with Battleye in any way and if the filters provided by me are not working with your modified server / mission - you have to deal with it yourself.

I bring this up because I have potentially 2 choices.  Here is the screenshot with both fully expanded.  My host is streamline incase that matters at all.

Spoiler

BEfolders.png

BLUE ARROW: BEC is the folder that eventually leads to my logs so this is where I put my filters (in BEC, not BeLog)

If I need to move them then maybe this fix is easier than I thought.  If not then lets move on to the logs.

Here is the log:

Spoiler

03:45:12 : Rcon client logging in
03:45:12 : RCon admin #0 (160.202.165.28:60845) logged in
03:45:51 : RCon admin #0: (Global) job:2 six times
03:45:53 : RCon admin #0: (Global) job:2 six times
03:45:55 : RCon admin #0: (Global) job:2 six times
03:45:56 : RCon admin #0: (Global) job:1 once
03:45:56 : RCon admin #0: (Global) job:2 six times
03:46:17 : RCon admin #0: (Global) job:2 six times
03:46:42 : RCon admin #0: (Global) job:2 six times
03:47:07 : RCon admin #0: (Global) job:2 six times
03:47:32 : RCon admin #0: (Global) job:2 six times
03:55:02 : Player #0 ~Q~ (68.32.144.102:2354) connected
03:55:08 : Player #0 ~Q~ - GUID: d646d28ffdbb71567869b90ebd11f80a
03:55:08 : Verified GUID (d646d28ffdbb71567869b90ebd11f80a) of player #0 ~Q~
03:55:12 : RCon admin #0: (Global) job:0 forever
03:56:09 : Script Log: #0 ~Q~ (d646d28ffdbb71567869b90ebd11f80a) - #2 "indDisplay 0 displayCtrl 3107182);
_html = (findDisplay 0) ctrlCreate ["RscHTML", 3107182];
uiNameSpace setVariable ["rp_display"
03:56:09 : Script Log: #0 ~Q~ (d646d28ffdbb71567869b90ebd11f80a) - #2 "indDisplay 0 displayCtrl 3107182);
03:56:09 : Player #0 ~Q~ (d646d28ffdbb71567869b90ebd11f80a) has been kicked by BattlEye: Script Restriction #2

It looks like its the same error 3 times before the kick.  Following the guide "How To: BattlEye filters - DO IT YOURSELF"

it looks like I take this part: 

Spoiler

"indDisplay 0 displayCtrl 3107182);

convert it to look like this 

Spoiler

!="indDisplay 0 displayCtrl 3107182);\n_html = (findDisplay 0) ctrlCreate ["RscHTML", 3107182];\nuiNameSpace setVariable ["rp_display"

Open scripts.txt and move to line 4 (+2 to the #2 error per guide) and add that line to the end.  I bolded the part at the end that I added.  

Spoiler

7 createAgent !="nimviewer};\"];\n\n\n_logicPos = [1000,1000,10000];\n\n_logic = createagent [\"Logic\",_logicPos,[],0,\"none\"];\n_logic setpos _logicPos;\n" !=")\"];\n_center = if (_function == \"bis_fnc_arsenal\") then {\ncreateagent [typeof _centerOrig,position _centerOrig,[],0,\"none\"]\n} el" !="il];\n};\n\n\nif (isServer) then\n{\n\n\nbis_revive_ratioLethal = createAgent [\"Logic\", [10,10,0], [], 0, \"CAN_COLLIDE\"];\nbis_revive_rat" !="nil];\n};\n\nif (isServer) then\n{\n\n\nbis_revive_ratioLethal = createAgent [\"Logic\", [10,10,0], [], 0, \"CAN_COLLIDE\"];\nbis_revive_rat" !="case \"Headgear\";\ncase \"Vest\";\ncase \"Uniform\": {\n_holder = createagent [typeof player,_pos,[],0,\"none\"];\nremoveallweapons _holder" !="evehicle [\"I_static_AA_F\",_pos,[],300,\"none\"];\n\n_aaCrew = createagent [\"i_soldier_f\",_pos,[],0,\"none\"];\n_aaCrew moveingunner _aa" !="_dir = _this param [2,direction curatorcamera];\n\n_logic = createagent [\"Logic\",_center,[],0,\"none\"];\n_logic setpos _center;\n_log" !=" select 1) - _radius + random (_radius * 2)), 0];\n_unit = createAgent [_animal,_pos,[],0,\"NONE\"];\n_unit setVariable [\"inSite\",_s" !="l];\n};\n} else {\n\nfor \"_i\" from 1 to _count do {\n_animal = createagent [_type,_pos,[],5,\"none\"];\n_animal setdir (random 360);\n_an" !=" _min;\n\n_weapon = \"FakeWeapon_moduleTracers_F\";\n_gunner = createagent [\"b_soldier_f\",position _logic,[],0,\"none\"];\n_gunner attac" !="dex - 1; \n\n_checked = false;\n_fnc_createUnit = {\n\n_unit = createagent [\"B_soldier_vr_f\",position _center,[],0,\"none\"];\n_unit cal" !="se,[false]];\n_moveInAny = _this param [3,false,[false]];\n_createAgents = _this param [4,false,[false]];\n_grp = grpnull;\n_units =" !="indDisplay 0 displayCtrl 3107182);\n_html = (findDisplay 0) ctrlCreate ["RscHTML", 3107182];\nuiNameSpace setVariable ["rp_display"

Does it look correct up to this point?  When I tried to reconnect I got the same kick message.  Before I botch things up I could use some experienced input.

Please educate, not berate.

Edited by Qthegamer

I don't know if this matters or not.  I switched my command line to exclude infistar thinking that I could at least log into the server and play for a bit and got the same kick restriction #2 message.  

Would this mean that the restriction is not being caused by my infistar installation?

or

Will it still come up until I remove all of the files I installed from infistar or fix the filter issue?

Advertisement

I have not seen BEC in a very long time lol, wasnt aware people still used this.

technically its been decommisioned but you can make it work by adding some  things to your hosts file.

normally where ever your rpt logs are stored, is your battleye folder where the filters are stored.

In your case you have -Profiles=profiles which indicates to me that you have a folder created inside your server folder called profiles

and your commandline does not specify -Bepath= so that would mean your server is looking for battleye folder within profiles folder

so copy the battleye folder from your server root folder into profiles

make sure you have beserver.cfg with your rcon password and all your filters.

inside your exile.map.pbo make sure you have the 2 infistar files copied and the code required in description

call.fsm and infiSTAR_AdminMenu.hpp

description you add

#include "infiSTAR_AdminMenu.hpp"

and find CfgRemoteExec section and add

class fnc_AdminReq { allowedTargets=2; };

and then you should be good, as long as you edited your infistar config file under @A3_infistar_exile

I have seen a few conversations about turning off BattlEye and just running with infistar.    I think I have seen 2 switches to turn this off.  1 in the main infistar configuration and one in my mission pbo.  The exact file names escape me at the moment though.     Is there more to it than that or maybe a good resource here that explains it well enough for a newbie to follow? 

I'm open to either option (keep bec or lose it).  I just want what will be reasonable to manage and still provide good protection from script kiddies. 

Any /all advice is welcome. 

BEC and battleye are 2 different things.

BEC is a script/monitoring system for arma 2 and 3. also has options for rcon/filtering and messages in game. there are other ways to do this without using bec.

also your using tcadmin, which has a built in scheduler, which is what most have used bec for in the past. i would disable bec, but keep battleye =1; in your config.cfg file. make sure verified signatures is set to 1.

also you should have logs for battleye kicks

you can view this

and it will show you how to fix the filters

Edited by tinboye
1 person likes this

Ok i wasn't aware of the distinction.  The way I had seen bec and BattlEye discussed, it sounded like an abbreviation.  

I downloaded the filter tool (version 1300 and then the updated one) and it wouldn't even see the log file.  Both were on the desktop.   If I copied the contents to notepad++ and saved it,  The filter tool could see it then but it still wouldn't open it.  I moved on to the guide I listed above to try that solution and the results are there for you to see. 

I'll look up tcadmin when I can get back to my pc (I'm on my phone atm) so I can understand your statements about it.  I haven't actually set up any scheduling yet. I wanted the basics in place and working before I added extras.  Scheduled restarts and rcon are next on the list, then mods. 

Big learning curve for me.  My Ark server was cake compared to this.  I appreciate all the knowledge you are sharing. 

The only real problem you have here is you have put the filters in the wrong place. You need to put them in your profile folder. Since your startup line says profiles=profile, you need to put it in the Battleye folder that is located in the folder "Profile" 

1 person likes this

it would appear that bec maybe made a come back that i was not aware of. seems to be available again for download http://ibattle.org/

all the info can be found there

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, tinboye said:

it would appear that bec maybe made a come back that i was not aware of. seems to be available again for download http://ibattle.org/

all the info can be found there

BEC's always been around. It didn't go anywhere.

6 hours ago, papahyooie said:

The only real problem you have here is you have put the filters in the wrong place. You need to put them in your profile folder. Since your startup line says profiles=profile, you need to put it in the Battleye folder that is located in the folder "Profile" 

I found the location.  It is already populated with a bunch of filters and i added infistar filters to it.  That seems to have done the trick.  I would not have found that except by some fluke/accident.  Tyvm.  

Advertisement