Question

So I'm trying to setup an admin base after we finally got the server stable. I thought it would be nice to build on in Blue Pearl. When planting the flag I'm treated to "Construction Aborted. Building here is disallowed on the server". I've checked through the exile_server_config.cpp and I see this: 

Spoiler

class exile_server_config
    {
        // A list of {position, radius} where building is not allowed at all
        //nonConstructionZones[] = {}; // Smashy added to see if we can build in cities.
        requiredVersion = 0.1;
        requiredAddons[] = {};
        units[] = {};
        weapons[] = {};
        magazines[] = {};
        ammo[] = {};
    };
};

Smashy is our other admin but by the looks of it there's nothing defined in the nonConstructionZones array to designated blue pearl as a nonconstruction zone. 

Now the spot that I'm standing at is 1302m from the exact center of the marker (when zoomed completely in) for the nearest spawn zone.  Config.cpp shows that the edge of the radius of a safezone is 500m from the center of the zone marker:

* Radius of spawn zones around the center of spawn zone markers.
         */
        spawnZoneRadius = 500;

Meaning the edge of said zone is 802m away from where I am standing to plant this flag. 

I looked through the mission file's config.cpp and found nothing related to non-construction or the base limitations. This line is, seemingly, set properly:

* Defines the minimum distance to spawn zones where players
     * cannot build territories
     */
    minimumDistanceToSpawnZones = 750

So by standing 1302m from the spawn center, 802m from the spawn edge and well over 750m from either of those....why am I not able to set this territory flag?? I've looked over other posts and found no solution either.  I should clarify: I've set territory flags before with no issue on the current server build. It just seems to be georgetown and blue pearl (so far that I've noticed) that don't like territory flags. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Edited by fifthmanstanding

2 answers to this question

I believe that you have to be " minimumDistanceToSpawnZones " plus 150m. !50m being the default max territory radius. That would mean you'd have to set it at least 900m from the nearest edge of a spawn zone. 

6 hours ago, doc0955 said:

I believe that you have to be " minimumDistanceToSpawnZones " plus 150m. !50m being the default max territory radius. That would mean you'd have to set it at least 900m from the nearest edge of a spawn zone. 

It turned down minimumdistancetospawnzone to 400.

If I set a gps point at the center of the spawn icon at Nicolet (standard exile tanoa map) then I am standing 2593m from that point according to the gps. If the center is 0 and spawnzoneradius=400 then that means I'm 2,193m from the edge of that zone roughly. 

The spawn zone south of me is Regina which the gps says is 2059m away and places me 1659m from the edge of that spawn zone

The nearest trader safe zone center point is 2,799m away. 

It still doesn't work. 

This is the message I get when I try to plant a flag in this particular area:

Untitled.png

Edited by fifthmanstanding

Advertisement