Johnny82

v1.68 update question

7 posts in this topic

Hi All,

With v1.68 coming shortly i was wondering if i need to do anything special to ensure all players bases etc. stay on the server after i update to v1.68 when it is released? 

OR 

Will the server lose all persistent items once i update? This will be my first update so just curious and hoping to avoid alot of error fixing!

Wait for the release. Don't update your server straight away. Keep an eye on this thread for bugs and fixes:

3 people like this

Advertisement

Hi Kupilon,

Thanks for the response. I know not to update yet, my question was when i do update, will my server loose all the bases etc. built on it or will everything still be on the server after I update?

4 hours ago, kuplion said:

Wait for the release. Don't update your server straight away. Keep an eye on this thread for bugs and fixes:

the only problem is you cant not help if you steam updates, so while that updates you may as well update the server.

as previous mod updates you do 1 you have to do the other which really is a pain in the ass,  just my thoughts

1 person likes this

Hello Johnny82,

All DB items SHOULD be safe.  The ARMA update has nothing to do with the DB.  There has only been one time where the Exile DB had to be 'adjusted' and this is when the Exile devs changed the 'zone' in which one could build their base.  This was one the Exile teams behalf, not Bohemia's.

But as always, before ANY update - BACK UP EVERYTHING!

'An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure'

:)

2 people like this

Advertisement