Johnny82

Update instructions

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

Anyone got an update tutorial for exile server on a dedi? I found one online that tells me to use steamcmd and app_update xxxxxx.

I'm trying to update my server from 1.66 to 1.68 but never done this before and I don't want to break anything.

Edited by Johnny82

If you installed your server on a dedicated box, then you most certainly ran steamcmd before? Just run that again with the same parameters. Maybe you used a batch file to run steamcmd? If so, run that!

1 person likes this

Advertisement

I did but I that was when I first set it up and I couldn't remember!! haha!

Literally just figured it out a second ago.

I downloaded the update using steamcmd but noticed it downloaded the new files to a different folder. So I simply selected all, ctrl + c to copy and pasted them into my current server folder and overwrote the existing files.

Job done and she's up and running and working great :) 

No errors yet but I do have the same one everyone is having being unable to open doors etc. but will keep an eye on the bug 1.68 thread for a fix there.

Thanks pal.

1 hour ago, Johnny82 said:

No errors yet but I do have the same one everyone is having being unable to open doors etc. but will keep an eye on the bug 1.68 thread for a fix there.

1 person likes this

"C:\where\steamcmd\is\installed\steamcmd.exe" +login username pass set_steam_guard_code #### +force_install_dir "C:\your\server\path"  +app_update 233780 validate +quit

remove set_steam_guard_code #### section if you do not use any protection

Edited by tinboye
1 person likes this

Advertisement